BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Put a boily mate to work on a floor stand. With the price of lumber these days I couldn't afford cokeonspecial's masterpiece.
Nice !

The advantage of wheels is you can wheel it over to the garage door, lift it straight out or in then wheel it back into its parking spot.

Disadvantage of wheels, docking a 35kg rack into a 15km wheely trolley, slotting a 50mm receiver straight into a 52mm square hole.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Whatever you you think of his business practices this Deathracks flat pack has worked out real well for me.
I didn’t want a big tow hitch rack. Don’t have the space to store it and I use my tow ball a lot so couldn’t be bothered pulling it off every few days. This rack lives next to my ute and takes about 3min to bolt on. Solid as rock. I was worried it might pivot on the top of the ladder rack but don’t see any movement whatsoever. The rack itself is sturdy AF. I’d go so far to say slightly over engineered but that’s a good thing.
So I’m pretty happy with $275 all up and a couple of hours welding it up.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The wheel gets pulled in towards the tailgate with a strap to the pedal spindle which takes some of the downward pressure off. No different than a big name rack where the wheel is just stopped from going side to side really.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I actually think it gets worse the closer you look at it, I certainly wouldn't be hanging 100k worth of bike on one...5 bike Aus made racks look indestructible compared to this.

ozzybmx

I actually think it gets worse the closer you look at it, I certainly wouldn't be hanging $100 worth of bike on one...5 bike Aus made racks look indestructible compared to this.

FIFY going on the picture linked.

lhkhjklhjklhjk.jpg

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
ok well the ole jank monster rack has been nice but i think its time for something purpose built over using a 10 year old custom make up that weighs 900 ton.

looking for something that easily attatched to tow ball holds two bikes pref but one is fine. can you get something aight in the 200-300 region?

ozzybmx

A somewhat different option for getting one's bikes from home to the trail and back again...

It was on display at the last Crankworx held in Cairns recently.
There was a bit of chat online that part their sales pitch was questioning the legalities of tow hitch mounted shuttle racks.

ozzybmx

Surely it’s jsut a trailer?
It is... and for that price they should have put another 5 racks on, making it a 10 bike rack then they might have had a market for their $14,490 rack.

What they are doing is pointing out that nearly every bike rack on the market is illegal and that you should buy their legal 'trailer' rack... would like to see the shuttle carparks if everyone was towing these friggin things. Can you imagine 'mum' trying to reverse.

See the website write up below.