Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
There are so many bikes now with the shock mounted low and directly in the path of all the mud and debris thrown from the back wheel and yet no one is making guards to prevent all the crud hitting the shock.
Mondraker have been doing it for years with their zero suspension platform, even they had a guard, albeit it was so tiny that I wonder if it did anything...
Is there some sort of conspiracy between bike and shock manufacturers?
Actually did a partial disassembly of the Dreadnought last weekend after a very muddy ride and discovered no crap on the shock whatsoever. The upgraded mudguard seems to do a pretty good job.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
There are so many bikes now with the shock mounted low and directly in the path of all the mud and debris thrown from the back wheel and yet no one is making guards to prevent all the crud hitting the shock.
Mondraker have been doing it for years with their zero suspension platform, even they had a guard, albeit it was so tiny that I wonder if it did anything...
Is there some sort of conspiracy between bike and shock manufacturers?
But think of the MASSIVE ADVANTAGES of the lower CoG!!!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I'd prefer a dropper post but it looks like a hoot. Would love a go on one (without lycra).

Wouldn't mind knowing if it's actually a unique frame to Cervelo - or just a rebranded catalogue one you could pick up online for 1/10th the price....
Given Cervelo are owned by PON, I'd expect it likely isn't - however you could pick up something similar with a pressfit BB and the same geometry for 1/10th the price

Frame look gorgeous, but has headset routing, blerg.
Good article on NSMB on this sort of thing: Will Internal Cable Routing Sanity Prevail? (nsmb.com)

Rorschach

Short version, vote with your wallet. (...and e-mail the company and tell them why if you can be bothered) :)
I figure if I'm going quickly enough to get the aero benefits of routing everything through the headset, then I'll have a mechanic to do all this for me
I do love the aesthetics of the bikes they're on, but not enough to pay for them

creaky

XMAS Plumper
This would be a cheap path for Cervelo to support a Jumbo Visma XC rider/team? Ineos has Pidcock, PVP is rumoured to be going to a bigger road based team. Maybe with the Discovery / ESO takeover and the apparent prevalence of 'crossover' riders at present there will be some more interest from the big road teams, at least on the XC side.

i.e. surely they don't think they'll sell enough of these to be a commercial product line

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Given Cervelo are owned by PON, I'd expect it likely isn't
From their website...

"We distinguish ourselves through a premium brand portfolio, with more than 15 bicycle brands, including Gazelle, Cannondale, Cervélo, FOCUS, Santa Cruz, Kalkhoff, Veloretti, GT, Schwinn, Mongoose, Caloi, Charge and Urban Arrow. Based in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia."

If they have shelled out for some of these legacy brands why the fuck are they just letting them rot? Surely they could let the tech and juicy delights of some of their premium offerings trickle down? Trickle down economics clearly doesn't work!!!

Also, this spiel about GT makes me want to throw up under that image of douchefoolery.

Screenshot_20221005-132207~2.png

Rorschach

This would be a cheap path for Cervelo to support a Jumbo Visma XC rider/team? Ineos has Pidcock, PVP is rumoured to be going to a bigger road based team. Maybe with the Discovery / ESO takeover and the apparent prevalence of 'crossover' riders at present there will be some more interest from the big road teams, at least on the XC side.

i.e. surely they don't think they'll sell enough of these to be a commercial product line
Milan Vader is the rider Jumbo are looking at for this.
Interestingly, Pidcock rides a blanked out BMC Fourstroke as Pinarello doesn't have an MTB - its what he rode before they picked him up and I think they have a deal with BMC to let him continue. Personally, I can't see Pinarello developing an MTB for just one rider but as they've just released details on a UCI-compliant 3D-printed track bike for Ganna for the hour record I wouldn't put it past them. Cervelo can leverage the others in PONs portfolio for technical know-how at least

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Personally, I can't see Pinarello developing an MTB for just one rider
I wouldn't suggest that anyone at Cervelo did any real 'development' work on that hardtail. Looks much like a chinese catalogue frame I had about 6 years ago so probably not much expense for a company like that to release a hardtail to market at a stupid price to validate a brand name on a team rider's bike at events.

Rorschach

I wouldn't suggest that anyone at Cervelo did any real 'development' work on that hardtail. Looks much like a chinese catalogue frame I had about 6 years ago so probably not much expense for a company like that to release a hardtail to market at a stupid price to validate a brand name on a team rider's bike at events.
Don't disagree, I think its a catalogue frame they put a threaded BB shell on