Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
While international freight costs are plummeting like a rock, due to the massive downturn in freight movements.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Hibike just hit me for another 10eu shipping charge on an order of socks. Just socks. I'm cancelling the order.
Wow - that’s insane! Seems so totally random in how they apply the extra charges.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Not that I plan to buy from Hi-Bike but where on the website do they mention extra shipping charges? They have a bulky package and a complete bicycle info but nothing else. Seems a bit dodge.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Not that I plan to buy from Hi-Bike but where on the website do they mention extra shipping charges? They have a bulky package and a complete bicycle info but nothing else. Seems a bit dodge.
I didn't see it specifically mentioned anywhere... But I wasn't really looking.

My thought was that some random taking the orders had set up their own PayPal account and getting punters to transfer in to to up the wage...

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered some Assos bibs at 8pm last night thinking they were coming from Aus.
Woke up this morning and they had cleared customs in Switzerland and were expected to be with me by Monday.

Paying for quality product and gold service in this instance

treble

Likes Dirt
It’s very unclear and pretty dodgy. They’re off my list. They were my go-to German store for a while but I’ve got no confidence in them now.
It’s bad communication as in reality, their delivery costs are often still lower than bike components, for example, but the way the go about it is not transparent and unnecessarily complicated.
I ended up cancelling my earlier mentioned frame order and getting a refund, the 300% increase in shipping was too much. I paid with Paypal so when they refunded the transaction I ended up losing $35 because the exchange rate had moved. I complained to PayPal and they credited my account the difference. Something to watch out for

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Its German karma... there is nothing in that order that I need, all spares that could have taken 6 weeks for all I really cared. Tyres and knee pads.

Now, if I had added some spokes or something I was keen to get, you can bet your bottom dollar that I would have been 4-6 weeks.
Dont say that - I’ve got spokes sitting at Frankfurt right now :eek:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
and knee pads.
That's not fair! How come my knee pads haven't cleared Frankfurt??! They've only been there since the 14th though.

Got a race on at the moment. The Hibike package sitting at Frankfurt since the 14th and a Unite package sitting at Langley UK since the 13th.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That's not fair! How come my knee pads haven't cleared Frankfurt??! They've only been there since the 14th though.

Got a race on at the moment. The Hibike package sitting at Frankfurt since the 14th and a Unite package sitting at Langley UK since the 13th.
My Unite package showed as pending for ages the postie dropped it off after waiting 3 weeks. Unite were about to lodge a case with UPS and send new items to me. No idea how it went from UPS and then got delivered by standard Aus Post.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered some Assos bibs at 8pm last night thinking they were coming from Aus.
Woke up this morning and they had cleared customs in Switzerland and were expected to be with me by Monday.

Paying for quality product and gold service in this instance
Update: Parcel arrived today as promised.

Any big online retailers based in Switzerland?
This is seriously incredible service (TNT)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My Unite package showed as pending for ages the postie dropped it off after waiting 3 weeks. Unite were about to lodge a case with UPS and send new items to me. No idea how it went from UPS and then got delivered by standard Aus Post.
The wait should give you time to get a certain thread up and going :cool: