Confessions from the fuckwits

Minlak

custom titis
This is starting to feel like a daily journal not a confession thread -
So hands up everyone that put a hole in the ceiling with the spring from their motorcycle foot pegs - after reading multiple warnings in bold red letters to be careful as the springs are under extreme tension???
CB749C84-C095-4192-A962-D8E0AAE39FF9.jpeg
346908FA-FEF0-4924-9B84-B95BFBD8CD15.jpeg

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This is starting to feel like a daily journal not a confession thread -
So hands up everyone that put a hole in the ceiling with the spring from their motorcycle foot pegs - after reading multiple warnings in bold red letters to be careful as the springs are under strewn tension??? View attachment 394449View attachment 394450
Solid effort. But on the plus side, no blood dripping from the ceiling dent!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This fuckwit thought she might try listing a bike on Gumtree.
Within an hour I got this response:
View attachment 394464
Sure, I'll fucking email you details that are already listed in the ad, you don't seem dodgy at all! :mad:
(Edit: don't worry, I'm not that much of a fuckwit...today...)
Don't worry, I feel your pain.
I listed a factory turbo diesel Landcruiser on Facebook last night. Bad idea!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What album did dmx release in 2015? I'm pretty sure he was having some legal troubles and may even have been incarcerated.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Using my floor pump today and the perspex gauge cover promptly popped off nearly hitting me. Clearly a leak in the back of the gauge, so I proceeded to "disassemble" the pump the only way I know.

Which is of course "the complete fucking wrong way". Who doesn't love a bit of brute force and ignorance :D

Compress_20221119_203028_8398.jpg

Compress_20221119_203031_1561.jpg

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Not bike-related but definitely belongs in this thread. I'm a mobile dog groomer, and i inherited my clippers with the business almost 5 years ago. They're cordless and quite expensive to replace. I've had them serviced a few times by my blade sharpening guy, and they've been a great workhorse. I replaced my charging station a year ago.

The other day i was clipping an extremely matted Cavalier who i haven't seen in 18 months, and the clipper got hot (unusual) and stopped. I tried the other battery, still no joy so i assumed the charger base had died again.

Couldn't finish the groom, so told the client I'd be back on Sunday to finish once I'd sourced a spare charger.

Picked up a spare charger this morning, went to my first Saturday client, still no clipper joy.

Bathed and scissor trimmed that client, cancelled the rest of my day.

Dropped in to another groomer, found out that it wasn't the charging station, it was a burnt motor in my clippers ffs.

Good thing I've just spent $800 on a new set, still re-juggling clients as my backup clippers have died because of moisture from all the rain.

Weeks out to Christmas and I'm already booked past January.

Am going to spend the $70 on a replacement motor though, to see if i can get the old set up and running as a backup.