Has bike design/ innovation peaked?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
No.

The design team didn't get sacked or didn't stop thinking when corona struck.

When supply catches up with demand I believe we are in for a load of new shit.

What about the old wheel size chestnut. Are we going to get another wheel size ?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
What would be on peoples wish list ? I would like a bike where all or as many of the bolts are a 4mm and simple carry on the bike torque wrench tool. Easy maintenance would feel like an innovation.
I agree with this but hard to do. My Kavenz is entirely 6mm hex and T25 torx for all frame bolts and fasteners (including Kavenz stem and grips). As a cherry on top, the Kavenz rear axle has a removable handle that has… a built in T25 and 6mm hex so you always have the tools you need.

The problem is the components. I maintained some consistency by going Magura brakes (all T25 fittings) and BikeYoke post (T25 again). But there remains drivetrain bits that need 4mm and 5mm, pedals that need 8mm.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
What ever happened to hydroforming? You used to get a huge range of bikes hydroformed front triangles, and now they all seem to be welded. Even the expensive alu bikes are all welded now but with massive price hikes.
As in the whole triangle made from one hydroformed piece? I thought just the tubes are hydroformed and they are welded to each other and that how they are still done.

Last edited: