Newly Released Bikes General

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Sound like they were relying on investment, which dried up during corona... when bike shops were thriving.

Anyhow, good news for those waiting on bikes, Dan sounds like straight shooting guy. Good on him for keeping it alive.

As someone with skin in the game (ordered a frame before the administration) I am not so positive. I'm currently trying to get my money back through my credit card so wont go into too much detail, but in short, I've been fed a heap of optimistic promises for a few months followed by complete silence and no response to queries.
In this revised/relaunched company, there has been no mention of honouring orders made before the administration and I suspect there are going to be plenty of people like me that will be screwed over if they haven't already taken steps to recover their money. I would love to be proven wrong and I really hope they can continue to make great frames but I wont be buying one. My bank said they should be able to make a determination on my card transaction dispute in coming days, so hopefully I wont be one of the people who get screwed over.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
As someone with skin in the game (ordered a frame before the administration) I am not so positive. I'm currently trying to get my money back through my credit card so wont go into too much detail, but in short, I've been fed a heap of optimistic promises for a few months followed by complete silence and no response to queries.
In this revised/relaunched company, there has been no mention of honouring orders made before the administration and I suspect there are going to be plenty of people like me that will be screwed over if they haven't already taken steps to recover their money. I would love to be proven wrong and I really hope they can continue to make great frames but I wont be buying one. My bank said they should be able to make a determination on my card transaction dispute in coming days, so hopefully I wont be one of the people who get screwed over.
good luck!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not my experience.
It read like he was trying to save the business and some customers from losing their deposits/frames.

I stand corrected after the last couple of comments, if its a deliberate bankruptcy to reset the coffers and only supply frames to those who he needs to supply, its a dirty act... as in none before the administrative controls like @BKMad.

Surely administrators see clean through these cases, not allowing this underhand shit to happen.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
It read like he was trying to save the business and some customers from losing their deposits/frames.

I stand corrected after the last couple of comments, if its a deliberate bankruptcy to reset the coffers and only supply frames to those who he needs to supply, its a dirty act... as in none before the administrative controls like @BKMad.

Surely administrators see clean through these cases, not allowing this underhand shit to happen.
Don't get me wrong, I don't know whether anything underhand is happening. But I am mighty suspicious when there is no mention of honouring previous orders in any any recent statements. Maybe its an oversight and they will honour those orders. Who knows. The situation has left a bitter taste in my mouth so I am not overly positive about the company or Dan right now.

Dan did say in his original statement back in november when they went under administration that he would try and ensure that everyone got their orders and I don't doubt that he did try and I know some people did get their orders. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what comes out but for me I have moved on and bought something else and hopefully I will get my money back.

cammas

Seamstress
Sad direction some of the biggest names of the 80's and 90's went when bought out.

Marin is clawing back slowly and probably just above Polygon level now, GT getting there etc...

Diamondback produced some of the nicest BMXs ever with the Viper, Silver Streak and Harry Leary Turbo.
Wouldn't mind a HLT hanging in my garage even now.
The thing is in the USA they kept putting out good bikes but here we just got the cheap shit. This is a lot better than the Kmart and Big W crap we were getting

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
The thing is in the USA they kept putting out good bikes but here we just got the cheap shit. This is a lot better than the Kmart and Big W crap we were getting
It's like an Ibis and a Nukeproof had a child.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Don't get me wrong, I don't know whether anything underhand is happening. But I am mighty suspicious when there is no mention of honouring previous orders in any any recent statements. Maybe its an oversight and they will honour those orders. Who knows. The situation has left a bitter taste in my mouth so I am not overly positive about the company or Dan right now.

Dan did say in his original statement back in november when they went under administration that he would try and ensure that everyone got their orders and I don't doubt that he did try and I know some people did get their orders. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what comes out but for me I have moved on and bought something else and hopefully I will get my money back.
Well I am happy to have been proven wrong. Dan has commited to fulfilling orders from before administration. It does genuinely appear that he is trying to do the right thing.
Also, it looks like my bank has been successful in doing a chargeback on the credit card so the money is back in my account.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Also, it looks like my bank has been successful in doing a chargeback on the credit card
Good news !

I wonder if the CC debt is written off to Stanton Bikes. Leaving the new Stanton Bicycles in the clear.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I have a DH bike. I have never raced it and it doesn't get a tonne of use these days, but damn I want a Yalla!