Rotorua Trip

RastaRuss

Likes Dirt
Hi All
Anyone know of a Co. that does an all in one trip around Rotorua, say 4 days or so ?
Transfer's, accommodation, guiding & such like.
Pussy mates keep piking, so may have to go solo.

Mattyp

Cows go boing

Is the one I looked at, by all accounts really good but the prices were eye watering...
It's not too hard to work out what to do/where to ride on your own as well as some tips from locals or mates who have been there...

RastaRuss

Likes Dirt

Is the one I looked at, by all accounts really good but the prices were eye watering...
It's not too hard to work out what to do/where to ride on your own as well as some tips from locals or mates who have been there...
Yeah, the prices are a bit up there

clockworked

Like an orange
Hi All
Anyone know of a Co. that does an all in one trip around Rotorua, say 4 days or so ?
Transfer's, accommodation, guiding & such like.
Pussy mates keep piking, so may have to go solo.
If you're going solo i wouldn't bother with an organised mob. The hardest thing is organising the bus or hire car from auckland airport!
The trail network is easy to access and well mapped. There's accommodation and food within riding distance.
Make it super easy and hire your own car

RastaRuss

Likes Dirt
If you're going solo i wouldn't bother with an organised mob. The hardest thing is organising the bus or hire car from auckland airport!
The trail network is easy to access and well mapped. There's accommodation and food within riding distance.
Make it super easy and hire your own car
That sounds the go

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Own car will give you the option to explore a bit more too, there's a great loop at Rainbow Mountain not too far from Roto which often gets missed. An airbnb in Lynmore or Hillcrest is probably best for proximity to the trails/Whakarewharewa Forest, and Town... Skyline Rotorua is on the north end of town on a different hill. It runs a chairlift but from what I heard it's all flow trails and jumps... probably still fun, but I opted for the Native forest trails instead.
https://www.mtbrotorua.co.nz/shuttles is the local shuttle company and pricing is amazing...
The shuttle only gets you so far though, a lot of the good trails you'll need to pedal out to, the trails above the shuttle drop off is stuff dreams are made of....when are you going? Can I come?

RastaRuss

Likes Dirt
Own car will give you the option to explore a bit more too, there's a great loop at Rainbow Mountain not too far from Roto which often gets missed. An airbnb in Lynmore or Hillcrest is probably best for proximity to the trails/Whakarewharewa Forest, and Town... Skyline Rotorua is on the north end of town on a different hill. It runs a chairlift but from what I heard it's all flow trails and jumps... probably still fun, but I opted for the Native forest trails instead.
https://www.mtbrotorua.co.nz/shuttles is the local shuttle company and pricing is amazing...
The shuttle only gets you so far though, a lot of the good trails you'll need to pedal out to, the trails above the shuttle drop off is stuff dreams are made of....when are you going? Can I come?
Even better, end of April ok ?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I've actually just started a Rotorua based MTB tourism company, feel free to get in touch... competitive rates, local knowledge etc....
Not Really.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My 1 trip to rotorua came just after it was easy to fly into rotorua. A girl and I hired a car and drove across the island to get there, a few frisky stops along the way for good measure! She just dropped me at the ride spots and did whatever it is people that don't bike do. Whereas not long prior a friend had gone and flown into rotorua airport...and ridden his bike from the airport into town.