What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
It says strawberry and pork meat festival!

It's in toyoura hokkaido

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
it is my favourite food festival of all time!!!

from like 9am to midday, you gorge on all manner of pork based products, various charcoal cooked snags, spit, tomahawk, etc, or maybe hire a little charcoal BBQ to cook it yourself..

then from midday, everyone lines up to buy crates of amazing local strawberries..
plus beer.

buta-ichigo.jpg

apologies for OT but..... Pork and Strawberries!!!!! :D

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Tomorrow marks 2 weeks of a dry, phlegmy cough which poo poo'd my planned ride yesterday, but today I rode a whole 6.7kms because a mate just purchased a Marin Rift Zone XR, so we went out to the YYs to do some bracketing setup on a section of trail for him.

Weather was mint. Throat and lungs, not so much.

Obligatory bike pics
Compress_20240216_211627_7982.jpg

Compress_20240216_211627_7227.jpg

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
it is my favourite food festival of all time!!!
P5040657.JPG

While we guess that alcohol is a food... we have been involved with a small food matsuri (festival) in Japan for a number of years { note - written documents suggest this festival is over 400 years old} .... and one of the highlights was being on the front page of the local newspaper { look fo the least Japanese person in the image}.... although covid, life and a bunch of crap has got in the way... hoping to get back this year or next year to catch up with a bunch of great people.... If you do go to japan, search the local area for "matsuri" and if you can put your phone away for a short time and dive in..... you will be rewarded with a fantastic experience....

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Our little man is having a sleep over tonight. Today we did nearly a two hour ride, with him on the Kids Ride Shotgun seat on my Process. So much fun, he loves it. This time I didn't bother with the mini kids handlebars, he just hung onto mine. But, I am constantly under the pump to go faster and pass Grandma. Who's in front?... We are! When we got home, he broke out his balance bike and belted around our place. I particularly like where he parked it.

Bens bike.jpeg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
View attachment 407036
While we guess that alcohol is a food... we have been involved with a small food matsuri (festival) in Japan for a number of years { note - written documents suggest this festival is over 400 years old} .... and one of the highlights was being on the front page of the local newspaper { look fo the least Japanese person in the image}.... although covid, life and a bunch of crap has got in the way... hoping to get back this year or next year to catch up with a bunch of great people.... If you do go to japan, search the local area for "matsuri" and if you can put your phone away for a short time and dive in..... you will be rewarded with a fantastic experience....
I used to get involved with work sponsored stuff on weekends during visits. Incredible culture of being a big family. Funny being the only gaijin on our team in inter company sports fixtures, baseball and volleyball mostly. Or being one of the people in the heirarchy at adults day where employees children celebrate coming of age. Hugely different culture.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Our little man is having a sleep over tonight. Today we did nearly a two hour ride, with him on the Kids Ride Shotgun seat on my Process. So much fun, he loves it. This time I didn't bother with the mini kids handlebars, he just hung onto mine. But, I am constantly under the pump to go faster and pass Grandma. Who's in front?... We are! When we got home, he broke out his balance bike and belted around our place. I particularly like where he parked it.

View attachment 407037

Gold! My nephews and nieces don't mind a bike related swing past my place. Given how hyper they all are I'm surprised my siblings don't dump them on me more often. No complaints as it takes more focus than I have to keep them out of a traffic incident around my place, not cars...just a real busy shared path and an hereditary attention span.