Convict 100

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Anyone going to the convict 100 this year?

I'm doing the 44 this year as I'm fat and slow. Is the course mainly fire road?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dtrain08

Cannon Fodder
Hey Oddjob, I am doing the Convict this year, it will be my second time. The course is mainly fire trail. The 44 runs across some dirt roads, then hits the fire trail. There is a mega climb, then it runs along the top of the ridge line. It descends quickly, then onto a short road section, across some paddocks and then onto dirt road home. Its a good ride, there is nothing overly technical that should worry you. Have fun.

stirk

Burner
Love the old st albans pub. It sounds like a fun race, might have a crack next year for fun. Enjoy!

Oddjob

Hey Oddjob, I am doing the Convict this year, it will be my second time. The course is mainly fire trail. The 44 runs across some dirt roads, then hits the fire trail. There is a mega climb, then it runs along the top of the ridge line. It descends quickly, then onto a short road section, across some paddocks and then onto dirt road home. Its a good ride, there is nothing overly technical that should worry you. Have fun.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. I'm running the monstercross so didn't want to be caught out by heaps of techy singletrail.

Oddjob

I did the 44km in 2.51, so was pretty happy with that. Burned past a lot of people on duallies on the road sections to and from the canoe bridge. Double happiness.

Last edited:

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Thread dig.

This event intrigues me. Anyone done the 100km in recent years and can comment on the ideal type of bike to take? If you could choose between a 120r/140f dually or a steel hardtail which would you pick? Leaning towards hardtail myself purely for the fireroad sections and double water bottles.

Oddjob

Thread dig.

This event intrigues me. Anyone done the 100km in recent years and can comment on the ideal type of bike to take? If you could choose between a 120r/140f dually or a steel hardtail which would you pick? Leaning towards hardtail myself purely for the fireroad sections and double water bottles.
I did the 100 a long time ago and the 50 more recently. The hardtail will be quicker but the dually will be more fun, especially on the descents.

I did the 50 on my monstercross with a 100mm fork and drop bars and took over a lot of people on the 10kms of fire road into the finish.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
did it a few years ago, i believe they reversed the 100km course since then, but recall on the descent off the ridge where its a lot of bedrock and melon sized rocks another rider shouting , why the F@# did i bring the hardtail. The bit on the webs creek side is either road or nice and smooth firetrail. the wisemans ferry side pf the creek is a lot of small stair sort of bumpy

smiffy

Likes Bikes
It seems like the Covict 100 is one of those events that you only hear about it through word of mouth and not through advertising, apart from social pic's the floating kayak bridge, there is very little info on the event.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I did it a few times BITD. On a HT and short travel dually which was much better as you would expect. It is a fun race but I haven't done it in the reverse direction.

There is a sketchy descent back to Wisemans Ferry called Finches Line which isn’t all that ridable, but you have to give it a crack. I don't think that part is in the race, but it is worthy for a weekend blat.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Convicts. Always fucked from behind. Don't bring the hardtail. Equally, know when to steer. And never trust kayaks. But have a good time...