Ebenezer Mountain Cross

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to see what the feed back was on the new track at Ebenezer?

Do you like it or not?

Let us know for the future.:)

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
The track was good, but it need a fair bit of rain to settle it down, other than that, with a few minor changes its fine. It would be great if it could go for longer, but obviously space is an issue. Can we race it next year instead of Homebush?

Last edited:

junior

get out of my grill
Yeh race it instead of homebush. Needed bigger turn out and tracked to be marked better.

Oh and organisers not hitting me

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Ebenezer Mtn X

Would be nice to run Olympic Park and Ebenezer monthly for club races that means there is a race roughly every 2 weeks. State wise WSMTB and CORC have races next year and it is up to them as to which track they use. National wise Olympic park is locked in on a three year contract so 2007, and finally 2008 with the bike show again will be the last year. After that forget a race in Sydney as the national format wants all races Mtn X, DH and XC on the same weekend and at the same site.

BOBCATZZ

Banned
Would be nice to run Olympic Park and Ebenezer monthly for club races that means there is a race roughly every 2 weeks. State wise WSMTB and CORC have races next year and it is up to them as to which track they use. National wise Olympic park is locked in on a three year contract so 2007, and finally 2008 with the bike show again will be the last year. After that forget a race in Sydney as the national format wants all races Mtn X, DH and XC on the same weekend and at the same site.
So basically we are back to some shit track thrown together at the bottom of the hill.Do mtx competitors have to start paying huge race fees aka nationals.

And what happens when bmxers start downhilling.
And thats my opinion thanx BOBCATZZ.

Last edited:

wsmtbdhvp

Ebenezer Mtn X

Firstly Geof the best job at Ebenezer and in record time 30 hours?

Canberra with its purpose built track at Stromlow has the Championships for the next 3 years, and MTBA seem to be keeping Mtn X separate so far but the dates for the national season have no allowance for what is happening this year with Black Hill in the events.

My hope is with NSW being the biggest number of riders and CORC and WSMTB being the 2 biggest clubs we may be able to split the series off more often, but the other states are having trouble getting their series running, (I think) we may be battling.

A good thing is that MTB is currently giving best career paths, so we have world class riders comming out of our ears right now in NSW, hopefully when we continue dominating Mtn X as we dominate DH we will reach the stage we have in DH of picking tracks and numbers of riders.

BOBCATZZ

Banned
Is it only for the nationals or the national series?
As the way i read it it sounds like the whole lot .
Oh and sounds as if WSMB put on a good day CONGRATS

Last edited:

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
So basically we are back to some shit track thrown together at the bottom of the hill.Do mtx competitors have to start paying huge race fees aka nationals.
Buissness looks good for someone on the mtba board .
And what happens when bmxers start downhilling.
And thats my opinion thanx BOBCATZZ.
I hate to be a pain, but which "shit tracks thrown together at the bottom of the hill" have their been so far? IMO I'd rather race the Jacobs track at Thredbo than anything else we've raced in the state series- it encourages closer racing and is more fun to ride.

Obviously it would mean that guys racing DH and MTNX are going to be paying lower fees (save on fuel, accomodation and everything else) if the races are on the same weekend in the same place. I'd rather have it that way than have races every few weeks in totally different places, leaving no time to do anything other than travel to races. As for the fees, nationals was $50, which was $10 more than the last NSW state round. $10 is half of f**k all, especially when the track is fun to ride.

When all the BMXers start downhilling i guess we'll see a sea of pants flooding the hill. Maybe we could encourage more shorts and less tucked in jerseys?

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
That does not seem to leave us much of a variety of tracks in NSW. We have the variety but not necessarily in the same places.

As you say though, if NSW keeps churning out the numbers of world class riders then we should also get more of a say in what happens and where.

BOBCATZZ

Banned
I hate to be a pain, but which "shit tracks thrown together at the bottom of the hill" have their been so far? IMO I'd rather race the Jacobs track at Thredbo than anything else we've raced in the state series- it encourages closer racing and is more fun to ride.

Obviously it would mean that guys racing DH and MTNX are going to be paying lower fees (save on fuel, accomodation and everything else) if the races are on the same weekend in the same place. I'd rather have it that way than have races every few weeks in totally different places, leaving no time to do anything other than travel to races. As for the fees, nationals was $50, which was $10 more than the last NSW state round. $10 is half of f**k all, especially when the track is fun to ride.

When all the BMXers start downhilling i guess we'll see a sea of pants flooding the hill. Maybe we could encourage more shorts and less tucked in jerseys?
Look daver i say it how i see it if i come across like bastard i could not care .
For a start mt beuty 4x track thrown together /eildon thrown together
By no way am i baging the builders designers volenters that built these tracks
as u can only work with what your given (eg soil machinary etc etc) they just seem to be after thoughts and i also relize some are only temporary.
Next -i havent got the $$$$ to buy a 4x bike and downhiller and travel about like you so i give a f#$k about $10 wich every time i read a flyer seems to get dearer.
Next - why dont you start by un tucking your jersey you pelican LOL.......

old4dy

Likes Dirt
ebenezer mtnx

would one of the kind sirs that read this forum, be able to give me directions to the mtnx track at ebenezer ,

there are a few race days coming up in the next couple of months, which my sons wish to compete in so directions would be appreciated

keep the shiny side up
old4dy

Last edited:

wsmtbdhvp

Directions Ebenezer

Ebenezer Mountain X track
Located: 142 Tizzana Road Ebenezer 2756

Travel to Windsor then take Wilberforce Road across the Hawkesbury River to Wilberforce. After passing The Butterfly Farm Go Carts, The Caravan Park and Service station take King Road or Sackville Road to Sackville on the Right. Keep driving past Woodlands Industrial area and park up the hill to King and Sons Hardware, the Ebenezer Public School is next on the left so you will turn right into Tizzana Road. Drive past Coromandel Road and after about 500 meters you will see 142 on the right. Turn in an then right the parking area, the track is below the parking area. You will see the start mound in the corner of the parking area.