Search results

1. leitch

The You Yangs Thread

Yeah, the Stockyards carpark is trash. Certainly usable and all, if a bit of a rocky ride in a shitty Euro hatch, but surely a grading once a year wouldn't go astray.
  2. leitch

The pet thread, post em up!

Something light/flexible but with a bit of grip like a CX/gravel tyre could probably do a decent job of this... wish I still had an old G-One hanging around :D
  3. leitch

Off the shelf. They're cheap shit and have to be done up really tight to stay on, but they do better with the Ruff Wear socks under them. Even with a not-perfect fit, they're much better than shredding his paws on the really coarse granite sand/gravel you get around here. Will pony up for Ruff...
  4. leitch

Pet thread... How have I missed this. Trail pup loves riding bikes. Muzzle is an additional protection for the many many late afternoon roos/wallabies/rabbits we come across. Mostly he ignores them/is too focused on following me, but I'd rather not deal with that 1 in 1000 occasion where he...
  5. leitch

Castlemaine

Serious thread dig, sorry. Castlemaine pineys - what’s the go these days? Heard good things, but how does it compare to Harcourt for example? Trails navigable with trailforks or is it really a need-a-local sort of deal?
  6. leitch

Trails in the dandedongs

Silvan stuff is good. Bottlecaps, No Strava-Truthiness, JJ’s, Lyre Lyre are all great, the climbing and link trails are well made. It’s deceptively steep though, you can pretty easily do +700m vert in a 20km ride dependingg how much you move around. Some fun trails in the Olinda Pines too...
  7. leitch

Alpine

Yessssss.
  8. leitch

Post your all mountain bike

Went from MkI 5010c to MkIII Nomad CC because bigger bikes are fun even when you have to ride them up hills. Also I loved my old MkII back in 2012 so nice to follow on. Keen to get some riding in the next few months and then do a few enduro races when the Vic season starts up again.
  9. leitch

VIC Fox Float DPS EVOL Factory Kashima 200x51 7.875x2

Item: Fox Float DPS EVOL Kashima 200x51 Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Used but VGC/Excellent - one little nick on stanchion but no impact on performance Reason for selling: Want to try something different Price and price conditions: $300ono Extra Info: Been on my 5010c, seen a pretty easy...
  10. leitch

Been a long time since I posted on Rotorburn, and a long time since I rode a MTB regularly... Bought this a few months back and have been slowly tweaking bits to suit me, been loving getting out on the dirt regularly again. 2015 5010c w/ DPS evol, -1º Works headset & 14omm Pike w/Luftkappe =...
  11. leitch

The Photo Snob Thread

It's like the fuckin' Toop show in here. You got a job yet? I have nothing to add, it just felt appropriate to berate you on here for old times' sake.
  12. leitch

XC Yeti ARC Carbon 9.16kg - Cracked another frame...

Time to buy an SB5C, bro.
  13. leitch

What are people rocking " Hydro pack and parts or Co2 and bottle "

Used to be a Camelback Podium bottle in the jersey pocket, along with tube and CO2 canister, and multitool.
  14. leitch

Carbon Rim Brake Pads

I found the Swissstop Yellow pads to be great when I had my 404s. They weren't noisy like my friends' cork pads, and made for a nice, grippy brake with plenty of modulation.
  15. leitch

The Photo Snob Thread

Ahhh Tris seriously 2 days late.
  16. leitch

So good. You'll have a great time in QT. I was there last year and my Nomad was the perfect bike. From gondola runs in the bike park and shuttles on Zoot and Remarks, to hitting kickers on Wynyards and in Sticky Forest (Wanaka) and cutting laps of 7 Mile and Deans Bank (wanaka), it loved every...
  17. leitch

Factory farms and GMO food

http://vimeo.com/m/61094582
  18. leitch

Should be doable. Mine was ~13.5 with massive 2.4 Rubber Queen/Ardent combo on 521s and with some other heavy bits. Such a fucking great frame. Not as lush as the new crop of carbon frames around (or its carbon counterpart) but so versatile and now fantastic value for money. Love the green, too...
  19. leitch

Yes yes yes yes yes this is amazing, Marty. I miss my Nomad so bad.
  20. leitch

The Photo Snob Thread

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...