Search results

1. beeb

Complementary colours...

So, I'm looking at buying a new frame. I have the option of getting it painted in pretty much whatever colour I want. The thing is, the build kit I'll be putting on it is what I'll steal from my Waltly, which is slathered in red-anodised components. In theory green is the "complimentary"...
  2. beeb

VIC SOLD - Waltly Titanium hardtail frame

Item: Waltly Titanium custom hardtail frame (Approx. a modern size L). Location: Sunshine West, VIC. Item Condition: Excellent. Reason for selling: I have another Ti frame. Price and price conditions: $690 plus postage. Extra Info: Clearance for up to 29x2.5" tyres "Boost" 148 rear axle...
  3. beeb

VIC SOLD - Santa Cruz Highball C1 - Size L

Item: Santa Cruz Highball Carbon V1 hardtail 29er frame, Size L. Location: Sunshine West or Derrimut, VIC. Item Condition: Very good for age. Some visual imperfections - ie: The clearcoat has peeled on seat stay yoke, frame has the typical scuffs inside seatstay and chainstay yokes, couple of...
  4. beeb

Deanodising - Who's done it, what's your technique?

So, I want to remove a few small bits of colour from my bike. I know deanodising is a thing, so wondered who's done it - and is there any tips or tricks you might have? I would probably favour a slower, gentler approach that may need to be repeated a couple of times compared to a "everything...
  5. beeb

Going grey... 2019 Transition Sentinel

Frame - 2019 Transition Sentinel, Size L Front shock/fork - Marzocchi Z1 Coil, 160mm travel, 44mm offset, Grip damper. Handlebars - Spank Spike 800 Vibracore 31.8mm Diameter, 30mm rise. (Cut to approx. 770mm, but +10mm or so in use due to running single-clamp grips) Stem - Diety Copperhead 50mm...
  6. beeb

AM When you know you have an addiction - My Waltly hardtail (V3)...

Frame - Waltly Custom Titanium Hardtail Frame "Evo" 3 Front shock/fork - Marzocchi Z1 Coil, 160mm travel, 44mm offset, Grip damper. Handlebars - Spank Spike 800 Vibracore (cut to 760mm, but +10mm or so in use due to running single-clamp grips) Stem - Spank Split 48mm Headset - Cane Creek...
  7. beeb

VIC WTB: GoPro inline mount adapter

Item: GoPro straight/inline mount adapter Location: Australia ideally, I don't want to wait months for one from China. Item Condition: Very Good/Excellent/Un-used Reason for asking: Need to space out mount point for the GoPro mount on my new "Chesty" mount, can't get the angle I need as is...
  8. beeb

Single pivot with a coil - How does it function?

So I keep seeing pictures of single pivot bikes (or single pivot with yoke) and coil shocks and wondering how riders "get away with it"? ie: a Pipedream Full Moxie: Don't single pivot bikes generally have F-all progression in the suspension? What's providing the ramp up here? Is it just...
  9. beeb

beeb's ride diary

A thread I'll add to over time with any ride videos/edits. Today's outing was good ol' Youies again, but this time on the SC Highball and a couple of different tracks. Pretty tentative at the start again, wasn't sure how XC tyres, skinny carbon rims and an 80mm stem would go over the rocks...
  10. beeb

VIC SOLD - Waltly Custom Titanium Hardtail 27.5" (or Mullet)

Item: Waltly Custom Titanium Hardtail Location: Derrimut, VIC Item Condition: Excellent, as new. Reason for selling: Touch too big, already have another. Price and price conditions: Erm... $600ish? I have no idea what a custom titanium frame is worth used - make me an offer if you're interested...
  11. beeb

Santa Cruz Highball C

"Never buy used carbon" they say. "Bollocks" I said. I've been wanting to try a carbon hardtail for quite a long time now, but everything new either didn't tickle me or was just stupidly expensive, or had a weird mish-mash of "standards" fitted and I'm trying to standardise my fleet as much as...
  12. beeb

Gates Belt Drive

Who's actually run one? Doing the long term planning for my next bike, and am after some real-world experience with belt-drives. The setup I am looking at will probably be in conjunction with a Pinion gearbox, so I'm not too concerned about the potential couple of percent efficiency loss, more...
  13. beeb

AM Waltly Ti Hardtail V2

Waltly Titanium custom hardtail MTB "Mullet" Curvy tucked in chainstays and seat-stays for added ankle clearance: Integrated headset bearing seats means no chance of squeaky headset cups - and a nice smooth headtube! Weld details on the dropped top tube and seat tube brace: Highly...
  14. beeb

Rocky Mountain Safety Recall (2018-2020 Instinct, Instinct BC and Pipeline alloy bikes)

Only the alloy models, and front triangle replacements only by the looks of things: Rocky Mountain Safety Recall (Instinct, Instinct BC and Pipeline alloy bikes)
  15. beeb

Sold SOLD Formula Cura 4 Brakeset (plus spares)

Item: Formula Cura 4 brakeset Location: Sunshine West, VIC Item Condition: Excellent (*refer note about rear brake line in Extra Info) Reason for selling: Not needed, too much brake for my slow speeds Price and price conditions: SOLD. Extra Info: Rear brake line had to be cut to remove from my...
  16. beeb

26" Tyres

Couple of newies coming from Kenda for the DJ/dual-slalom/pump track crowds. I reckon they look pretty good! The booster in particular looks like a good all-rounder. Kenda's new 26" tires @Ultra Lord @pink poodle
  17. beeb

AM Waltly Ti Hardtail

So, going back a couple of months I decided I wanted to simplify my riding. I've been lucky enough to own some very high-end carbon trail and enduro bikes, have ridden a few mates alloy and carbon dual-suspension bikes from different brands, and while I'm not against having a dually - there's...
  18. beeb

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Just like @Zaf did with the Newly Released Bikes General thread - Thought I'd start a thread for new suspension releases. To kick things off - the "Marzocchi" (Fox) Z1 Bomber Coil: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-marzocchis-new-z1-coil-fork-the-return-of-a-classic.html Found this one...
  19. beeb

VIC SOLD Hope 142x12 Pro-4, 29er rims.

Item: Hope Pro-4 142x12mm, Shimano HG freehub, 32 Hole Rear Hub Location: Derrimut, VIC Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: No longer required. Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Lightly used, lived a brief life on a hardtail I didn't ride long. Comes with QR caps to suit...
  20. beeb

BikeYoke Divine

Anyone used one? I have a BikeYoke Revive 185mm and love it, but haven't seen much referring to the newer/cheaper Divine post. The "springy" function when not at full extension or bottom out is intriguing (given I'm shopping for a hardtail), but not sure if having an undamped springy seatpost...