Search results

1. No Skid Marks

what is the riding like in the Katoomba area?

North Katoomba, used to be a motocross track back in the day. Some okay tracks, can link over to some good tracks in Laura from there too.
  2. No Skid Marks

Why so few new bikes with Shimano drivetrain?

Ain’t that the truth.
  3. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

Yeah 9 is lighter, but not a deal maker. Bike feels light to me, think people over think weights. But yeah. I’d say the 140 with 9 could get under 13. Shorter shock for one.
  4. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

Just google Avvalanche racing. The guys fairdinkum even if in USA.
  5. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

No real reason. Just wanted to have experience with all options, had the 18 speed in my Nicolai, and figured 9 would be best for people to test ride as it’s easier to speculate what more gears and range would be like as opposed to less. This way they can know if they can live with the 9. Yeah...
  6. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

It’s good for wallet in long run. Chains, sprockets, cables last several times longer and no mechs to damage.
  7. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

Older fella wearing RM Williams boots test road it today at Stromlo for three runs. “Rod, A update. Haven't been on that run for 12 months or more but managed personal records or top 3 times on 17 out of the 20 segments. An impressive bike. . Thanks again. Cheers”. He’s ordered one. Another...
  8. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

Yeah keen on both.
  9. No Skid Marks

Need a Single speed rear hub, reccomendations please

Won’t have the benefit of less dish stiffer wheel of a single speed hub. The Hope trials hubs have a lot of drag don’t they. I9 are sweet, a Mate is running the single speed ones on his Zerode. I’m running a conventional one on mine, purely because I already owned it. The Pinion hubs are pretty...
  10. No Skid Marks

The Astrix has started

Is that your dog? I had a harlequin Dane crossed ridgeback and sold ten of her pups, wondering where they all ended up. Was fifteen years ago, would love to get her bloodline back but. Had same colour blotches, she was a tad more robust though, hat one looks stronger Dane genes, we bred her with...
  11. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

Yeah, Crankin still does Canfield. Yeah I dig my Riot(and Nimble 9).
  12. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

More painful owning a nice bike you can’t ride, ha ha. I have a nice Canfield 29er, but rarely got it out. Main riding has been school runs towing one grommy and one on the front. Cool shirt.
  13. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

Yes Crankin will sell the 140mm one too. It’s linkage a shorter metric shock. It looked much better clean, lol. Has a few little touches of an o red and gold that are lost in dust now. I’ll post more pics when I wash it. Will only get new front tyre ever, I’m too tight to put new tyres on rear...
  14. No Skid Marks

Zerode Taniwha

Finally have my own Taniwha. Not sure if it’s because I’ve barely ridden in two years while doing the parenting thing, but this thing is fricken awesome and stoked to be selling them. I now get why the customers rant on about how happy they are. Just need to get some fitness back. Rear end felt...
  15. No Skid Marks

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Building, hope I’ve got all the bits I need.
  16. No Skid Marks

HSP Trail Bikes

What a sexy bike. High pivot sort of wasted on wagon wheels that roll over stuff better anyway. Hope they do a 27” wheeled one. Hope they do any at all and it sees it to production.
  17. No Skid Marks

HSP Trail Bikes

Brake SQUAT(with high pivot). And I doubt you’d notice any with that pivot height and travel, and even if you could, it only matches fork dive anyway, keeping geo more consistent.
  18. No Skid Marks

Throw a leg over one, you’ll love it. Don’t paint yourself into a corner.
  19. No Skid Marks

Sure a button on left and one on right side would be cool, but can’t say it’s be better than grip shift. Moving hand is hardly as big a deal as you over theorise it. How many moto riders have gone, gee I wish I had a thumb throttle. THUMBS, more important to keep them around grips than worrying...
  20. No Skid Marks

Wireless Electronic Derailleurs? What's the big deal?

Nuvinci is good for a gearbox as it can be made narrower by removing nuts and washers than say an Alfine.