Search results

1. R

First Waltly frame

Yeah, sortof. I saw 15mm ream depths for Cane Creek ZS headsets on the Cane Creek SHIS poster and asked Waltly to change mine from 12mm (same as yours) to 15mm and got a reply saying "requires custom headtube at an additional USD40 - do you want?" I'm thinking No, as while I can't find the...
  2. R

First Waltly frame

wkkie, I see your frame has 40mm spacing from top of seat tube to centre-line of top tube. I just got my frame design from walty and it's 60mm. Litenbror's looks like 60mm+ too. I'm trying to maximise space in front triangle (whilst still having short enough seat tube for a dropper) so...
  3. R

First Waltly frame

Apparently it's USD980 for a MTB frame (BSA BB, not fancy gearbox mount) plus another USD280 for postage. Is this a bit of a price rise on 6-12 months ago?
  4. R

First Waltly frame

Anyone get double-butted tubing on their Waltly? Seems it's not a current option. Got a reply from them asking whether I insisted on double-butted tubing, with the mildly confusing message "we not provide the double butted tube now, nobody do this in China now, because not reduce the weight"...
  5. R

The Single Speed Thread

I think I might like a bit of flex. I had the Giant XTC Adv set up SS for a while, with carbon wheels. It felt brutally stiff compared to my Inbred, so I think I'd be happy with some flex. I have more waltly questions .. might have to pop them in the waltly thread.
  6. R

The Single Speed Thread

Nice. So I emailed my price quote form to waltly for my own Ti SS, they took a day or two to reply and say they're (already) busy and will be back to me in a few days. What diameter dropper post did you go with / which inner diameter did you get on the seat tube? Did you choose particular tube...
  7. R

DH seatpost height

So, anyone know what BB-to-saddle-rail height any serious/pro DH riders use as well as what's on the same rider's XC/road bikes? Seems like every year for the last few years droppers have gotten longer, with the latest/longest post being touted as "game changer" by reviewers / anyone who needs...
  8. R

First Waltly frame

Hooray. Got an email from Waltly saying they're taking orders again. Was just thinking about placing one with Marino instead - I see they're doing Reynolds 725 now, and of course for a fair bit less than Waltly including the powder coating colour of your choice ..
  9. R

VIC FOUND Mechanical disc brake calipers (short pull, aka roadie compatible)

Shimano make several different cable road disc calipers in both post and flat mount - current range here: https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/technologies/component/details/disc-brake-road.html I have a pair of old R317's from 2014 in the cupboard. (Though not old enough to be the recalled ones.)...
  10. R

ACT 30.9 seatpost with 8mm rails

I don't think 7x9mm oval clamps would usually be suited to 8mm round saddle rail, sadly.
  11. R

The vast majority of posts will only be 7mm, so could have "for 7 or 8 mm rails" printed on the clamp or the packaging I guess. Or maybe you can see that when a 7mm saddle rail is clamped in it, the top/bottom of the clamp is snug but the sides have half a mm open. Saddles with carbon rails...
  12. R

ACT 160mm crankset

Item: 160mm crankset, ideally a triple (3x9). square taper is fine - preferred even, otherwise I'll have to buy and fit a new BB (not a deal breaker.) Location: ACT .. maaybe post Price range/Willing to Pay: $6 - 66 .. but show us what you got? I know 160mm isn't a common MTB length so...
  13. R

Item: A 30.9mm seatpost with rails to clamp an 8mm post instead of the usual 7mm Location: ACT, could pay postage from interstate though Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on post, condition. Say $20-50? Extra Info: Short is fine. Not too fussed about offset. No great hurry - collect after...
  14. R

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Oooh. What are my chances of upgrading my Lyrik damper to one of these for under $1k? :rolleyes:
  15. R

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Anyone own a gen2.0 Gloworm light? Tell me what the Gloworm Link app reports on your battery Full-Charge vs Designed. I'm at a seemingly-disappointing 7400 vs 10000, though it's only been charged a couple of times. More stuff about mine here...
  16. R

Gloworm G2.0 lights

Good point - thanks.
  17. R

Gloworm G2.0 lights

Gloworm have a "second generation" family of lights out that use USB-C batteries and connections on the light: https://www.glowormlites.co.nz/product-category/lights/ I'd thought I'd lash out on an X2 Lightset (2000 Lumens 10Ah battery / not the Adventure 5Ah battery) when Pushys were doing...
  18. R

Little Things You Love

I still love them but while the likes of bloody Goldfinger are now not only using auto-tune and cranking it up when I'd be happy with none at all .. ... we get that woman who should seriously try just-short-of-T-Pain autotune - could be bearable. Maybe even vaguely interesting. But is she a...
  19. R

Is there an alternative to FiveTen Freerider Pro?

Did you mean women's size first? If so, they sound the same as my wife's Freeriders - "US W / UK / EUR / CM." The size tag in all of my recent models (including the Women's Freerider Contacts) lists US / UK / FR / JPN / CHN. (FR = Euro) I know my W's Contacts are the same length as the...
  20. R

Is there an alternative to FiveTen Freerider Pro?

Can anyone confirm whether 5.10 is same / different fit between mens' and womens' versions? Particularly the Freerider Contact - I got a pair of the womens' and they feel super narrow compared to the Freeriders and Impact Pros. Length seems the same for the same French / Japanese sizing - IE...