Search results

1. T

Little Things You Hate

Stupid ticket releases. Wanted to take the family to see the matildas play. 2 weeks ago only single tickets on the sidelines available so we'll pass in that. Try today as i sit on a train and theres a heap on the half way. Do you expect us to try repeatedly to go to your event? Gws tickets...
  2. T

Little Things You Love

more important than the answer was deep thought's comment before he gave it to them. you're really not going to like it. adams has said the number has no great meaning, it was just going to be a number and a relatively small number
  3. T

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Nope. Kerry chants mails were released showing she begged for ththe lockdowns to be applied evenly Sydney wide. Gladys told us all she was following health advice yet cherry picked where to apply strict lockdowns whcih followed socio-economic lines. The more we learn about gladys the bigger POS...
  4. T

so the medical advice was to shut down all of sydney equally, yet gladys decided politics was more important. as mr pyle would say, surprise surprise surprise.
  5. T

Formula One world championship

you're just full of good news :( zhou taking the alfa seat. its a little disappointing that a couple of arguably better drivers miss out but the sport revolves around money
  6. T

customers i've talked to have medium term leases so they're looking at massive downsizing office space but they cant do anything about it for 3 or more years
  7. T

Things are just getting stupid now. high school kid is restarting band practice. But you cant play anything without a mask on. wtf does a trumpet player do in a 90 minute practice when he isnt allowed to play?
  8. T

cant really comment on todays race beyond being happy its the end of the races in the americas. 4am is the worst possible time for it to be on.
  9. T

seems to be different rules here - says if you're a casual contact you can return to school after 1 negative test but do another. even if a close contact do a test on days 1,6 and 12, but can go back if day 6 is negative. I have to agree on the rest of the year being relatively low reward...
  10. T

just when you think things are calming down get a mail that the school is closed tomorrow due to a confirmed case. there's different instructions for if you are close or casual contact but not much to say when or how we'll learn which group kids belong to.
  11. T

bottas seems like a nice guy, definitely goes better on a saturday than a sunday. Will be nice to see him at a team that treats him well even if he wont be at the pointy end of the field. he knows how to pass through a pack so i think he'll add excitement to a race in a mid field car
  12. T

got up at 5.45 for lights out. after the first corner highlights there was nothing else worth being up for.
  13. T

New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

not quite sydney but close enough. seems theres a nice new track in wollongong https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7410035/a-birds-eye-view-of-cringilas-new-mountain-bike-track/
  14. T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Tried to buy my wife a flatbar road bike. Saw one in stock with good specs so roadtrip. Thought 105 11 speed was the spec to go for. Surprised when she said it was stiff but she was right, it was awful. Tried other brands that ran sora or mtb shifters and all were nice. Am i missing something ...
  15. T

Let the debate begin!

reminds me of neil on the young ones. crucifixion is an awful way to kill yourself, no matter how hard you try you cant get the last nail in on this topic, do you think the goodies episode or apartheight could be made today? It was mocking apartheid with a world where segregation was by height...
  16. T

Little Things You Hate

that seems like the option. I dont need a great processor or screen, longer battery for tethering the laptop during the hours spent beside kids football training and a 3.5mm slot and im happy i dont generally hate high schoolers in the gym but i wish they'd teach some basic etiquette at schools...
  17. T

Little Things You Hate

time for a new phone soon., small crack in the corner after a fall. hate being told that we should expect to update phones every 2-3 years. hate even more that so many phones don't have headphone jacks and short of googling every model its had to identify those that do
  18. T

Little Things You Love

very happy to see the little bak wa shop i've been going to for nearly 40 years is still alive after the latest lock down. tiny hole in the wall sort of place i didnt think would survive, and to my knowledge its the only one in sydney.
  19. T

the humour might be lost on victorians as the cockroahces vs canetoads thing really only comes out for state of origin, dont hear it much elsewhere.
  20. T

They're both very excited to get back to see their friends. More so the primary school kid, they have very little direct contact with friends beyond the full class zoom calls. High schooler is on calls and messaging apps all day as they do their classwork but still doesnt cover just hanging out.