Search results

1. tobbogonist

Confessions from the fuckwits

Thanks, I will have to redo in the new year. Both bikes are stripped down and in storage. Also, I get coverage in the top field!
  2. tobbogonist

Haven't posted in a while, quick confession, took a job on a farm working 6 days a week, no phone coverage there and minimal coverage at home. No riding for me this summer. Hopefully the river drops a bit and I can at least get some rides in to work (shortcut through forestry tracks lacks a...
  3. tobbogonist

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Drainage is going to be a major problem down the line. I'm still at the top of the hill for now should be okay. Its about a K and and half down to the river, I'm going to have to put in some Northshore type things in. Haha b lines are my favourite lines. I'm going to start again further over...
  4. tobbogonist

Haven't been online for a while, not much coverage up here. Been off grid for 6 weeks. Finally approached the point where every day isn't filled with frantically doing stuff to make it livable/sitting in the bus watching the rain. Today I grabbed the shovel and headed up the hill to carve out...
  5. tobbogonist

The QUICK question thread.....

I’m about 168 and never had a problem. I’m not a particularly gnarly rider though. The one time I did wipe my bum with the tire was more a technique issue then anything. I’ve never ridden 27.5 though so I’m pretty aware of the room I have to move about.
  6. tobbogonist

Little Things You Hate

Only if their fish fingers. Others wise, sedate them if possible remove from roadside and send off to Valhalla for afterlife of paddymelon virgins and hard liquor.
  7. tobbogonist

Little Things You Hate

Working on the gun licence at the moment. Coupla shots skyward every few hours over the summer. Need it for Wildlife rescue euthanasia. Missus isn't keen on the old hammer to the head and neither am I to tell you the truth.
  8. tobbogonist

Little Things You Hate

Cut the river in half probably
  9. tobbogonist

Little Things You Hate

I've got signs everywhere else. I really didn't want to be shutting off the area. It is a nice little camping spot that I used myself as a youngin. It will be fenced and signed by September. There isn't really much else they can cut down now. Most people round here don't have to play dumb. Last...
  10. tobbogonist

The QUICK question thread.....

I've had to do a few trips with the tiny house trailer fully laden with supplies. About 3 tonne. Where we are there is one road, single lane highway. I'm certain I've become a valid excuse for why people are late for work in the area. 'that fucking 90's discovery was doing 60 up the hill again'.
  11. tobbogonist

Little Things You Hate

Other people. There is a small road (about 30metre) in along the river of our block that leads to a camp spot. The turning circle/ camping area is actually on our land. One side is ours other side is river/crown land. Someone has cut all the trees down and let them fall into the river. Bunch of...
  12. tobbogonist

work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

Thanks for the offer :)
  13. tobbogonist

NW Tasmania. Near Wynyard area.
  14. tobbogonist

I've got enough ballast round the middle at the moment.
  15. tobbogonist

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/confessions-from-the-fuckwits.257029/post-3426314
  16. tobbogonist

I'm running a front mech.
  17. tobbogonist

Lost the largest chain ring from my hardtail during the move. Was putting the bike back together and realised I couldn't get the middle chainring to hold without the large chainring in place. I want to get it up and running so I can ride out to the waterfall from home. Took the angle grinder...
  18. tobbogonist

Thanks this has all been excellent information. I've been gone bush putting doors in the bus (custom doors are not the easiest thing to knock up) and had no internet coverage. I have already looked into the cert 2 training although nothing starts until next year. Apprentice rates is not much...
  19. tobbogonist

Yep I already know of people crying out for help on tiny houses. It's hard to find someone who is free and willing to do it. I think I'm on the right track. Brother is an electrical engineer and he is kicking himself that he didn't finish the electrician apprenticeship. I know a lot of...