Search results

1. A

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Parts from CRC for a new build. Forks came in a generic cardboard box without the decals attached, don't think I'll bother putting them on.
  2. A

Australia Post, I hate you!

Same thing happened to me but it was an email saying it was being returned to sender because it hasn't been picked up. Luckily the returns bag at the post office hadn't been picked up by the time I got there.
  3. A

Carbonda FM936 carbon all-rounder

Looks awesome and I'm tempted to do a similar build if my Fox 34's get delivered by CRC. With the matte finish are there any issues with frame protection staying in place and where did you end up getting the shock from?
  4. A

Bargain buys thread

I had the same issue with CRC earlier this year. I couldn't resist and ended up ordering the forks the next morning but I'll wait until they are in my hands before ordering anymore parts for a build.
  5. A

Bargain buys thread

Fox 34 Performance 120mm 29 boost for $601.99 with brown decals, not sure how long stock will last. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/fox-suspension-34-float-performance-boost-fork/rp-prod208329
  6. A

All sorted, Shimano replaced it under warranty, going to keep an eye on I though.
  7. A

Was convinced that Fox 34s were just meant to have horrible small bump sensitivity and just harsh in general after trying volumes spacers, DSD Runt, and every combination of pressures and rebound. Never had an issue with 32s or SIDs, then the other week I tried out a friend's bike and was blown...
  8. A

VIC Found. . 12x shimano bits.

If Moorey doesn't want it can I be next in line.
  9. A

Found out why I was having shifting issues, my legs aren't that strong so hopefully it's covered by warranty. Definitely won't be replacing it with another xtr 12 speed, first shifter issues now cassette.
  10. A

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

I wouldn't hold your breath, I had a similar order sitting like that for 2 weeks. When I asked about it they said there was an issue in their system then cancelled the order and refunded me when I just wanted them to send me the order. When I went back to do the order again the products I...
  11. A

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Even local items are getting caught up, this needs to get 36km from one side of Sydney to another. I wish I could have picked it up but outside of my LGA / 5km radius.
  12. A

Bike storage shed ideas...

Thought I would provide an update on my setup. Moved into a new place and hanging bikes vertically wasn't an option anymore as the handlebars got in the way. The wheel are on Pinnacle tools holders from Bunnings, spare parts are in some Officeworks Ezy storage containers in the corner and...
  13. A

Newly Released Bikes General

Scott has another hidden shock design that looks more accessible than what is on the Spark. Wonder if these bikes have a steerer stop to protect the cables. Scott Patron emtb
  14. A

New Sunnies

I'm using some clear photochromic Rockbros from AliExpress, best feature is the spacer at the top that stops sweat running into the lenses. If it's really sunny I use some $8 Kmart polarised sunnies. I've never tried anything more expensive so no idea what the actual quality is like but...
  15. A

Confessions from the fuckwits

Installing new 12 speed SLX shifter and no matter how I adjust it it won't shift properly, fine at top and bottom but middle is giving me issues. Check derailleur alignment, a little off, but still not shifting properly. Clean and lube chain, check clutch on derailleur and still no good. Then...
  16. A

Convert 12 speed to 11??

I suspect a few 12 speed issues are due to derailleur hangar alignment. 2 of my 3 bikes running 12 speed had shifting issues out of the box (assembly by lbs) both of them had hangers out of alignment by ~1cm measured at the rim. Once aligned they shifted great.
  17. A

Bargain buys thread

Might be worth it for someone nearby. Might also have been permanently borrowed given the amount of info provided. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4582746688453914/
  18. A

2005 Giant XTC

I can't see myself wanting to let them go anytime soon, if I ever get back to the office this will probably be parked there full-time for lunchtime rides.
  19. A

2005 Giant XTC

That was a good read, sounds like there are a few of these stripped Giants around.
  20. A

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

I think the government didn't make it easy enough to get vaccinated, I was elegible for the vaccine in March but didn't get it until May because it wasn't clear how to actually book in and get it. If the vaccine was rolled out similar to the flu shot with it being offered in workplaces...