Search results

1. jda

Orbea Rise

The wait continues but this video got me super excited!
  2. jda

Orbea Rise

Agreed although I was more worried about something better coming out while I'm waiting for mine. The Shimano EP8 motor in my Orbea only just came out and the previous generation was introduced back in 2016 so it will be around for a lot longer yet. What will the other manufacturers release...
  3. jda

Orbea Rise

Hi Guys, I've just ordered an Orbea Rise ebike after many weeks of research on a topic that was completely new to me. I have been watching the ebike scene grow from a distance thinking maybe I'll get one some day, maybe when I turn 50 or something. I've been riding MTB over 20 years, my current...
  4. jda

DH Fresh Build Yeti 303-R DH

I recently took the bike back down to Green Valleys, so much fun!!! I took my camera with me this time too.
  5. jda

You have a good eye!
  6. jda

I've done some more work on the bike and fixed all the little problems I found on my day at GV bike park. Starting with the oil leaking from the Boxxer. I ordered a new low friction seal kit and installed that. Next the front brake, as mentioned the Avid Code lever had seized so I mated an...
  7. jda

I've cracked almost every aluminium bike I've ever owned, if you ride them long enough its going to happen eventually, its just the nature of aluminium.
  8. jda

Yeah I was surprised I did so many laps but strava doesn't lie in that regard. The bike is just so plush I was not getting tired at all, could have done lots more laps if we had more time. It does what it's meant to and has never given me any trouble.
  9. jda

This bike sat in my garage for around 10 years gathering dust, its the usual story of myself and my mates having kids and not much time to ride together anymore. Obviously I still kept riding bikes but with DH you really need some shuttles or a chairlift so that's why I stopped riding it. I...
  10. jda

AM Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon CC

First ride today with the new air spring in the pike, certainly was a worthwhile purchase! The fork seems to move through the first third of travel more smooth with less stiction but it still offers great support, front end grip has noticeably improved and the fork just feels more plush overall...
  11. jda

The new pike air spring has arrived and I installed it today. In the process I discovered my lower headset bearing was dry and full or mud so I cleaned it all out and re-packed it with fresh grease. Ultimately I need to replace the lower bearing but I got it feeling ok for now. I am pretty...
  12. jda

I actually ordered some Loctite 638 today to try and fix this, hadn't seen this video but read something on the forums about it. I've also ordered the Pike c1 air spring in 140mm that @sane mentioned, sounds like a good bang for buck mod and I get the extra 10mm travel I want.
  13. jda

Can't fault the bike really other than the pivot design could be a little better which is obviously why they changed it in the later models, just got to keep checking its tight. What @leitch was saying about modern geometry might be true but honestly for my proportions I have found this bikes...
  14. jda

Cheers mate, yes 5 years and a close to 6.5k kms. Currently thinking about getting a new Fox 36 and running it at 140mm since I added a little travel in the rear. What is the benefit of this headset you recommended?
  15. jda

The upgrades keep coming along with some more maintenance. Installed some fresh brake pads and gave both ends a bleed, replaced the bottom bracket as it had some play in it and was 5 years old and a fresh set of tyres. Replaced the Thomson elite dropper with a Bike Yoke Revive. The Thomson was...
  16. jda

Five years on and I am still loving this bike but things have begun to wear out and I have just begun the process of making some major upgrades. First upgrade was the rear shock. The old Fox CTD was never anything special but after 5 years of abuse it had gotten really bad, very harsh initial...
  17. jda

NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

Fantastic job on this new trail guys, I have been riding it all week and its loads of fun! the last jump is fine to me, no issue clearing it at all.
  18. jda

High End XC specific wheels? Whats out there now?

I am having a second carbon wheelset built for my bike at the moment. Nextie 27mm carbon XC rims DT Aerolite spokes Brass Nipples DT240s Just waiting for some things to come in, should be about $1500 with mates rates.
  19. jda

Stravisti et al

All on the mountainbike Distance 2520km. Time 169h 50m Elev Gain 46,768 m Rides 139 It's amazing the enthusiasm a new bike can generate!
  20. jda

2015 Santa Cruz Bronson V2

Well played, she came up pretty light!