Search results

1. link1896

Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

Even the junky ebay air horn kits are obnoxiously loud.
  2. link1896

Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

Also think about building something around a new frame/forks/shock and moving as many parts as you can across from the old bike to mitigate the costs somewhat.
  3. link1896

The "I will ride _____km in 2021" thread - commit and conquer here!!

184km this year so far, can’t see me on the bike again this year. Let’s hope 2022 can be better.
  4. link1896

Carbonda FM936 carbon all-rounder

Unless you have a spares stash…. Must resist looking again. I’ve ridden 184km this year. Fuck being sick sucks, that’s less then two weeks worth back in 2015.
  5. link1896

You laugh you lose

6. link1896

Women, etc.

Sorry Ducky.
  7. link1896

Confessions from the fuckwits

48 hour ban. I’ll pay $50 into any mods beer fund to make it happen
  8. link1896

Fork bushings

Not only back the front, also one leg only.
  9. link1896

Fork bushings

I've seen fox stanchions that were not round, but maybe only 0.008mm difference, which is tiny and probably not an issue. @Beep, that could well be the stanchions not being parallel to each other. Think of the alignment tolerance we are looking for, over such length of stanchion, thats pretty...
  10. link1896

Fork bushings

best to feast your eyes on this thread over at mtbr https://www.mtbr.com/threads/tight-bushings-harshness.1129699/
  11. link1896

Fork bushings

Another fun area I’ve been playing with is fork bushings. Fork bushings are a critical part of forks that all too often get neglected until they have worn through the stanchions coating. Bushings are the contact points between the uppers and lowers, that the stanchions slide on. Many many...
  12. link1896

CSU rebuilding

Indeed I have been able to measure. Fox's stanchion OD's are all over the shop so I won't comment for now, but RS runs a tight ship here. about 0.06 to 0.08mm interference fit. Using online interference fit calculators, this comes out at about 14 Ton of press fit force, so in the ballpark, my...
  13. link1896

CSU rebuilding

Without moisture and air, the two dissimilar metals shouldn’t oxidise. I believe this is Douglas approach. I will try this soon. The interference fit is the mechanic connection. Here is a better shot of a fox crown with oxidisation. This was with Kashima stanchions. The oxidise is like sand...
  14. link1896

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

In metro melbourne yes. Conveniently located I’m sure
  15. link1896

CSU rebuilding

During lockdown I bought myself a 20 ton press and taught myself how to rebuild CSU’s following Oliver Majewski’s (Blue Liquid Labs) method. Crowns make hideous creaking noises due to corrosion forming on the mating surfaces between stanchions and crown, and steerer and crown. Locktite 609 is...
  16. link1896

As penance, you get one pocket deburring tool for everything now. For life
  17. link1896

You laugh you lose

18. link1896

I really rate the Felo screw drivers. Have had two sets for over a decade now. Only fucked the baby slotted 3mm guy for wire terminals when doing silly shit. Outlasted the Wiha stuff significantly.
  19. link1896

All metal b&r enclosure, but not with a proper sealing door. Scorch marks around the outside of the enclosure where the arc flash found it’s way out.
  20. link1896

Fun stuff. Even more fun when the mechanical interlock on reversing contractors fails and the PLC you’ve configured can bring in both contactors at once and you directly short two phases. You only ever make that mistake once.