Search results

1. Isaakk

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

MTB Direct with AusPost express is no better currently. Ordered Mon morning, still not in state.
  2. Isaakk

Newly Released Bikes General

Intense 951 now available to buy in Aus. Gotta say though, the spec for the price is a little disappointing when compared to a Spectral AL 5... at least they're actually available I guess. https://au.intense951.com/collections/frontpage/products/951-series-trail Edit: Oh. Just realised the 951...
  3. Isaakk

TAS Deity Copperhead Stems - Black, 35mm clamp, 50mm length

Super quick and easy, thanks! 35mm sold.
  4. Isaakk

Sold Bikeyoke Divine - 30.9, 185mm (sold)

Yep thanks, have a 150 OneUp on the way already - have use one before and liked how easy they are to service, so was happy to go for it. Sold pending confirmation/payment
  5. Isaakk

TAS Deity Copperhead Stems - Black, 35mm clamp, 50mm length

Item: Deity Copperhead Stem - Black, 35mm clamp, 50mm length Location: Tas/posted Item Condition:A little older than one above (2 months old), still pretty much as new. Reason for selling: Am Goldilocks. This one's too long. Price and price conditions:$100 Extra Info: Pictures: Item: Deity...
  6. Isaakk

Was so hopeful, even with the 20mm of spacers installed it's just too long - not enough insert length to get it down far enough. :(
  7. Isaakk

Item: BikeYoke Divine Dropper - 30.9, 185mm, Internal routed Location: Tas/post Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: Very unfortunately too long for the Ripley Price and price conditions: $280 posted neg Sold Extra Info: I've filed 2-3mm off the back of the upper plate where it clamps the...
  8. Isaakk

It has.... Been a while....

Maybe worth considering a Canyon Spectral too, they have some models available for delivery Dec/Jan/Feb, and they spec well for the price. Have a mate with a Spectral and he's been very happy with it.
  9. Isaakk

It has.... Been a while....

I'll plus 1 this, as someone also living in NW Tas. Sweet spot for the trails around here and weekend trips to Derby/Maydena would be 140-160 travel, and will have you sorted for all but the most gnarly of Maydena trails. Plenty of climbing to do most riding around here so you're not going to...
  10. Isaakk

TAS 2020 RockShox SID Select Charger RL - 120mm, boost

Item: 2020 RockShox SID Select Charger RL (32mm) - 29", 120mm travel, 51 offset, boost 110x15, 180mm steerer (threaded for EDC) Location: Tas/post Item Condition: Good to fair - Recently suffered a nudge from a rock, left a very shallow mark on left stanchion (pictured). Not deep enough to...
  11. Isaakk

Marino Bike Co rigs.

Looking like a fun build! Mine's more complete. I'm a little worried about rear wheel to seat tube clearance at 160mm if i'm honest:
  12. Isaakk

Sold Ibis Ripley LS. SOLD

Oh wow. This looks perfect. Shooting a PM your way.
  13. Isaakk

Fork Oil questions and queries.

Not quite, MC is sealed between uppers & lowers with separate oil for damper and bath, older Fox open bath dampers are completely open from top to bottom and the damper cartridge draws from an increased bath oil volume in the lowers.
  14. Isaakk

Fork Oil questions and queries.

I've been using Supergliss 68k as bath oil in SIDs and will vouch that it definitely makes a difference, much smoother. Opted for 68k as temps in Tassie are <22°c for most of the time I ride, and down to 5°c isn't uncommon over Autum-Spring. I have a 1L bottle if anyone wants to buy some, will...
  15. Isaakk

Carbonda FM936 carbon all-rounder

Interesting & valid comment on the vital page - curious design choice having bearings on lower trunnion pivot that doesn't rotate much at all, and bushing (presumably) on the upper eyelet that experiences the most movement.
  16. Isaakk

Marino Bike Co rigs.

Ahh, and we finally have an update. They're definitely busy that's for sure, frames being churned out left right & centre. I'll be surprised if I have it in hand before next year.
  17. Isaakk

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

This might be of interest to people - 9point8 have released HA shifting headsets for integrated IS41/IS42: https://9point8.ca/collections/slack-r-kits Considering one for the Jet 9.
  18. Isaakk

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

The hilarious irony of running Aliexpress-special titanium bolts in the past with "Risk" laser engraved on them was not lost on me.
  19. Isaakk

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Sweet, always losing those little dust caps, just ordered some. This looks alright too, would try if I didn't already have a park one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002311554610.html
  20. Isaakk

Suspension Setup Sag/Travel

Ahh, meant to link this vid from steve - above was the followup. But yeah, rebound is important! When I see people on the local trails getting "bucked" frequently or complaining of it, 9/10 times they have the rebound too fast, or haven't ever touched it at all.