Search results

1. Squidfayce

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

yes, but flow-riders comment was about people who *could* be on six figure salaries but choose to live simple lives in nimbin. Were not talking about the general population of money poor/ happiness rich people (hippy or not) of which there are plenty, but not necessarily able to achive high...
  2. Squidfayce

yep. theres probably 20 of them. Like i said. outliers. But many of them also flipped that table after amassing enough wealth not to worry about where the next meal is coming from for the rest of their lives. Many live off passive incomes.
  3. Squidfayce

Thats right, thats why i posted the census data. The demographics paint a very clear picture of the type of people that live there.
  4. Squidfayce

I absolutely have been to Nimbin. enjoyed a certain festival there a few times. Most of the people there there who are living a basic life are doing so because they aren't wealthy , not the other way around. Bit hard to generate wealth when you're smashed or employment-diverse lol...
  5. Squidfayce

yeah thats the sort of change thats required (at the institutional level). But the snowball may not be all positive in the short to medium term, just like early shuttering of coal powerplants is likley to lead to increased energy costs.
  6. Squidfayce

yes but on a returns basis still being out performed from last check. Getting better but still early days. The needle will move eventually though and the everyone will follow suit
  7. Squidfayce

That sucks. Lots of people don't invest in unethical companies, true. However vast majority of us do through our super. To not invest in unethical companies through your super, you have to be active in your investment allocations. Most people don't even know they can make such changes or feel...
  8. Squidfayce

do you have superannuation? if you do, chances are you're benefiting financially from all this. remember publicly listed companies have a responsibility to their shareholders. Traditionally that means pump the dividend above all else. You could argue that in todays world not reinvesting into...
  9. Squidfayce

executives and shareholders.
  10. Squidfayce

Electric Vehicles etc

That 500M is unlikley to cover one state though.
  11. Squidfayce

Electric Vehicles etc

500M for a charging network on major highways? good luck
  12. Squidfayce

The QUICK question thread.....

is the rest of your bike flogged?
  13. Squidfayce

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

cant skip classes if you never went to school
  14. Squidfayce

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I don't even get out of the car.
  15. Squidfayce

We should go bowling...er riding?
  16. Squidfayce

Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

I suspect they dont need much looking after if theyre willing to lay down arms for a cuppa.
  17. Squidfayce

Fingers crossed
  18. Squidfayce

Yep, this. Obviously theres always a danger you'd get shot in the face, but I suspect getting shot in teh face vs a gulag or some other form of inhumane treatment would be preferable. Bonus if it just ends up being a cuppa and a biccie instead.
  19. Squidfayce

I have no drive to be a show off or keep up with the dudes at the trails. I just enjoy the time in the bush burning calories. If i have some fun along the way and dont get hurt, its a bonus :) That said, I am riding much better and more confidently than when i started. Just dont have any...