Search results

1. Nambra

You laugh you lose

Just one of our reptilian overlords?
  2. Nambra

Chasing chainring advice

Just adding to the good advice already provided… I’d recommend replacing Eagle chains at 0.5% elongation rather than 0.75% to extend the life of the relatively expensive cassettes. Get a set of chain link pliers before a wear gauge if budget constrained. When you remove the chain for cleaning...
  3. Nambra

You laugh you lose

Exactly how a recent project I was part of went down. Funny thing was that the mechanical and electrical dudes worked for the same company.
  4. Nambra

Nerfonomics

It’s all starting to add up isn’t it. @pink poodle’s fertiliser theory has legs… there’s certainly a piece of shit in that polyester shirt.
  5. Nambra

Nerfonomics

Interesting. There’s a polyester farm in Wuhan… Here’s a theory: sick prisoner poops covid on the crop which ends up at the market, and spreads through the clothing factories. Anyone who bought a Hawaiian shirt in early 2020 was likely a superspreader? Would explain all those cruise ship outbreaks.
  6. Nambra

Nerfonomics

Not used it personally, but had heard that the site has silent financial backing from Da Poly, one of the larger Chinese polyester cooperatives. Not sure if that means there is some bias in the published content?
  7. Nambra

Nerfonomics

Polyester is a blend with little regulation on origin, so it's difficult to prove if it is truly organic. Single paddock monoester from a certified organic farm is what you want. It has so much regional variety too, which can only be a good thing for garments and Manchester more generally.
  8. Nambra

Online site for well priced parts, tool sets etc?

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/online-retailers-trusted-scammers.254464/
  9. Nambra

Bargain buys thread

MTBD has 50% of second tyre sale until Thursday night - code TYRES50.
  10. Nambra

Forgive me, I have sinned...

Whatever puts a smile on your dial Rev... :) I'd say you're going to prove yourself right too; hard to imagine you'll be reaching for one of your analog bikes when you know you can scoot up the climbs on the Trek.
  11. Nambra

Why you ride

That's the thing about mtb, you let your thoughts wander at your peril when you're riding! It's a great way to be 'present' and live in the moment.
  12. Nambra

Why I don't ride road anymore

Went looking for the word Inala and wasn’t disappointed.
  13. Nambra

Rockshox hardware alternative

Hit up NS Dynamics in Brissy, they can machine hardware if needed, but I’d imagine standard RS hardware should be readily available. https://nsdynamics.com.au/collections/service-parts-spares/products/mounting-hardware
  14. Nambra

You laugh you lose

More like a mash-up of Meg Ryan, a librarian and Barnaby Joyce...
  15. Nambra

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I wood have expected a bad pun like that from you @beeb.
  16. Nambra

Warburton trail updates

I’m looking at that picture and I’m reading “20km between toilet stops” and am wondering if that’s the place at which people just can’t hold it in any more…
  17. Nambra

Can America be fixed?

Someone needs to remind the kangaroos in Maaroom! https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-19/kangaroo-attacks-on-rise-in-wide-bay-coastal-town-maaroom/101340634 And Palmwood for that matter... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-29/kangaroo-attack-leaves-67-year-old-woman-with-broken-leg/101282390
  18. Nambra

The last movie you've last watched last

Watch the R18+ rating if you have young kids - it's mainly due to the graphic violence, as you'd expect from a vampire romp.
  19. Nambra

The last movie you've last watched last

Day Shift on Netflix, 7/10. Dark vampire comedy with Jamie Foxx, Dave Franco and a cameo from Snoop Dogg. I'm not normally a fan of Foxx but I found him palatable in this role. I like Franco though and he provides a few good laughs along the way. If you just want to be entertained it's worth a look.