Search results

1. smitho

VIC RockShox Lyrik RCT3 27.5 Boost 160mm

Item: RockShox Lyrik RCT3 27.5 160mm Travel Boost Fork. Condition: Excellent. No marks on stanchions. One or two tiny chips on lowers. Invisiframe since new. Recently rebuilt. Price: $675 plus postage. Location: Melbourne. Reason for Sale: New fork! Other Info: MRP Ramp Control Cartridge...
  2. smitho

VIC SOLD Enve M7 Handlebars

Item: Enve M7 Carbon Handlebars Condition: Excellent. No other marks aside from fitting. Torque wrench always used. Price: $160 plus postage. Location: Melbourne. Reason for Sale: New bars with more rise. Other Info: 35mm clamp diameter. 25mm rise. 800mm width (uncut). 8 deg sweep. 240g...
  3. smitho

Newly Released Bikes General

An absolute bargain at only $550AUD for a set of shifters! Makes Sram’s price gouging look like a bargain Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. smitho

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Want to sell your Smashpot? PM if you want to shift it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. smitho

Confessions from the fuckwits

It does if the stem is mounted 15mm lower on the steerer. Old steerer was 190mm. New one is 175mm. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. smitho

All Mountain Tyres

Any chance you’ve ridden a Magic Mary and can compare? I like the Mary, but tread wear is an issue and it’s just a little squirmy on the side knobs. Considering an Assegai but all the talk of increased rolling resistance is putting me off a little. The Mary is already pretty slow, so reluctant...
  7. smitho

True, but the front end is already a bit low for me and this will lower it further. Means new higher rise bars as well. Current steerer is 190mm, so 15mm drop. Also, spent an obscene amount of money on the Thomson TR35 Stem I have now and pretty keen to hang onto it. It might, but it would...
  8. smitho

Hold up. I no longer qualify. Ad said 185mm steerer. Just measured the bastard and it’s only 175mm. Turns out the f-wit might have been the seller. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. smitho

Bought a set of Fox 36 Performance forks second hand off Facebook with grand plans of a Vorsprung Coil conversion and orange lowers (love the look of black stanchions with orange lowers). Measured the steerer length roughly against my current setup and looked like it’d be ok. Didn’t measure...
  10. smitho

Rode Lysterfield. Swapped out the Rock Razor on the rear for a Hans Dampf the night before. Spent half the ride pumping it up with a stupid little mini-pump. Tubeless valve was all gummed up with sealant and wouldn’t seal properly. Loved the semi-slick when I first put it on in the dry...
  11. smitho

Thredbo vs the rest family holiday options

Plus Bright is only a short drive to Falls Creek for a bit more variety too... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. smitho

Holy cow!

Nut juice is an excellent lubricant Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. smitho

Newly Released Bikes General

In more Specialized proprietary fcukwittery they’ve even developed their own sizing system. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. smitho

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Not the worst I’ve seen, but $2k for a bike that’s a decade old is a bit ambitious. Not to mention running forks with 60mm travel more than the frame was designed for. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. smitho

Hope Pro 4 XD Driver

Fitted it tonight, no real issues. Seems to spin freely. The rough surface shouldn’t contact anything anyway. Probably the type of thing I would have mentioned if I was selling something but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. smitho

Washing/Polishing your MTB

I actually don’t mind the process, plus the bike lives inside in the lounge on carpet so needs to be clean to be allowed inside. Gets a wash after every ride unless I’m riding the day after. Spray down with hose, wash down with a sponge and bucket of hot soapy water filled with Rock n Roll...
  17. smitho

Lightweight. This bad boy was 17.4. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. smitho

Hope Pro 4 XD Driver

Apparently he bought it new and it’s never been removed incorrectly. Teeth are fine. I’ll fit it tonight and see if there are any issues. Not sure it’s multigrips, marks are perfectly spaced all the way around and perfectly parallel - not the usual mangling you’d expect. Sent from my...
  19. smitho

Hope Pro 4 XD Driver

Arranged to swap a Shimano Freehub for an XD freehub with a guy on a Facebook Buy/Sell Marketplace. Received it today and it’s got significant marks on the body in between the pawls, almost like deep sharp gouges all the way around. It’s partially visible in one of the photos the seller sent me...
  20. smitho

Who's running Coil over Air?

I ran the DHX2 and there’s no bottom out support. I think the Push 11.6 comes with bottom out damper. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk