Search results

1. mtb101

eBay/Paypal Concern

cash only!
  2. mtb101

Ho hum... another cracked rear triangle!

ok I see, ... alloy would have bent, carbon crack. that's not a design fault more high side impact - yeah can't do much about that. you've got to take risks and have fun and sometimes this happens. its worth having a back up bike and keep this baby for show rides.
  3. mtb101

can't see many failures on forums mtbr just this one.
  4. mtb101

not good. have you got a picture of the broken part? would be interesting to see where it failed.
  5. mtb101

Sam Hill's 2018 Mega is for sale...$5,000

yep ..... as you roll up to the trial head on your first ride.
  6. mtb101

Ayups users please.

ayups, they simply aren't bright enough anymore, weather mine have faded or the current lights are just super bright, dunno. I use rockbro now. 2 of these light up the darkest trails - usb rechargable, run time on high 1 hour. you also need light penetration when other commuters approach...
  7. mtb101

Anyone ridden Forrest in Vic?

you want xc bikes and fitness. yes red carpet climb up from the reservoir on track 2 you could ride up further on the dirt road and go through to the quarry descent that then joins red carpet, that's really your only long mtb descent. beyond that its all rolling up and down, some tight...
  8. mtb101

Mount Buller new EPIC trail

if it aren't too wet or cold you can go to tbj junction cafe (mt stirling road) and start your ride from there, its around 20ks back to Mirimbah and of course you still have some nice climbing that means you earn the descent. If you park at tbj you can ride back to there after epic on dirt...
  9. mtb101

Mount Buller new EPIC trail

rode epic last weekend, still one of the best technical xc descents around. just endless twists and turns. single track still in pretty good nick as well.
  10. mtb101

NSW Norco Torrent HT large

can you weigh the frame for me. might be interested as my new commuter, single track on way home build.
  11. mtb101

24Hr racing advice

you'd want to keep a log probably a whiteboard of total food (calories per hour) and fluids. at this stage you should know the course and have a target pace in mind that she can sustain. again I'd be logging/documenting this so she can set realistic goals - pace wise.
  12. mtb101

Bush Camping - Bright, Mt Beauty, Falls Creek area

smoko camp spot is a good place to camp and free (mainly 4wd clubs plenty of quite spots, and next to river), not too far from harrietville - you could base yourself here. otherwise around the Rocky Valley Storage Dam area or Langford Hut Campground.
  13. mtb101

Tubeless Rim Tape Advice

carbon don't like harsh chemicals, and put a tube in for 24 hours to really bond tape.
  14. mtb101

Why so few new bikes with Shimano drivetrain?

when the gangs take over the highway, pray you have; s h i m a n o
  15. mtb101

Slipping saddle, advice please

these are a flawed design as they're relying on a crush to keep clamp secure - seat in position. where thomson use a 2 bolt system and after nearly losing knackers, I don't use these kind of posts anymore (single bolt or crush clamp). what you can do is get yourself a high tensile bolt grade 8...
  16. mtb101

EMtb’s to feature in National championships

ebike replacing doping by the sounds of it, only side effect soft belly.
  17. mtb101

Welcome! An E biking area for E bikers and those interested in E Biking

with falling numbers on this site, I'd keep it going as at least its getting some traffic. ;) motorbikes on our trails are an ongoing issue.
  18. mtb101

this post sums it up:
  19. mtb101

yep organisers are pushing to include ebikes as that's part of the sponsorship deal. even the otway odyssey (known for being a hard man event !!) has ebikes, how is that an achievement???, riding all the climbs with a motor wtf. of course what we have are naive people who are new to mtbing...
  20. mtb101

and in the ebike category the race is on.