Search results

1. slowmick

Life and TPD insurance

How you say it compares to a poke in the eye with a sharp stick? Bicycle Network's average member probably isn't getting the stage 3 tax break.
  2. slowmick

Life and TPD insurance

Would this work for $99/year? https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/membership/bike-riding-insurance/
  3. slowmick

Bargain buys thread

The seems cheap for 2023 factory level fox (27.5 160mm) - $960 https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/fox-suspension-36-float-factory-fit4-boost-fork-2023/rp-prod214216
  4. slowmick

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

The big problem with the government in Victoria is that even if you get a local independent in your area who is keen to improve your lot they will get no chance to do so. If you are not part of the Government you get no opportunity to voice your concerns. It's extra shit...
  5. slowmick

What does your day look like?

I hope it's the Jazz Singer soundtrack.
  6. slowmick

Confessions from the fuckwits

Ordered a 30mm thread together PF30 bottom bracket converter - got sent an 24mm outboard bottom bracket converter instead. 30mm option now out of stock when I went to return mine. Decided this was the universe telling me to get rid of the almost impossible to undo SRAM cranks. Trying to figure...
  7. slowmick

TAS 2022 Fox Float X Performance Elite 205 mm x 57.5 mm Trunion

You got your scout frame - very exciting :D
  8. slowmick

Newly Released Bikes General

First run of the shuttle day at the you yangs. It went bang in a big way after landing a reasonable sized double. Took a while to find the air can in the shrubbery. Not as long as finding a pedal (same bike) in the same shrubbery also first run of a shuttle day at the you yangs. (yes, the...
  9. slowmick

Older Enduro shock problems? I won't hear of it...
  10. slowmick

Down-Single-Gravel-Country build.. yea you heard me..

that is truly beyond fucked.
  11. slowmick

The QUICK question thread.....

sorry - I don't understand. Please school me.
  12. slowmick

thank you team.
  13. slowmick

Any tips on improving the action on a syringe for brake bleeding? The one from the Shimano kit was always sticky but now requires a ridiculous pressure to move the plunger - I can no longer do it single handedly. There was a big clean up on aisle 4 yesterday and one ruined t-shirt. Lucky to...
  14. slowmick

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Took me ages to find my pedal in the scrub after the crank gave out. First run of the day too.
  15. slowmick

Wisdom Teeth

sorry - sounds like I got the top and bottom around the wrong way. sounds like you're off to see the surgeon. That should make your pocket a couple of grand lighter. Shit time of year for things like that.
  16. slowmick

Wisdom Teeth

What did your dentist suggest @creaky? I had one my bottom wisdom teeth out in the chair, didn't feel it - over and done with in 10 minutes. When it was time for a top one to come out the dentist referred me to a dental surgeon to have it out under general anaesthetic as neither him or me was...
  17. slowmick

When Wake Jake wrote Leo my first thought was this guy. Not completely inappropriate.
  18. slowmick

Kevin the Kavenz - a European adventure

Um, dumb question - is the suspension making the banjo fitting rotate on the rear brake caliper? There doesn't seem much slack for the pivot to do it's thing. That said i've never seen a brake mounted like that.
  19. slowmick

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Less than 15km to go. Quick blat down the river will sort that out in no time.