Search results

1. S

Bargain buys thread

Those are hot
  2. S

Bargain buys thread

Have you ridden M8120 XT's? That's what I'm running now but not fully loving them... I still want more power.
  3. S

Bargain buys thread

https://www.bike24.com/p2688440.html Pair of Formula Cura 4's with rotors for $350 shipped to Aus. I was just looking around before buying a pair of Hope Tech4 V4's... but this is cheaper than 1 Hope brake so I think I'll give them a go first.
  4. S

Newly Released Bikes General

Is that SLX build the one pictured (with Fox Factory suspension)? I'd prefer that to XTR with performance suspension, but 11 is still a piss take.
  5. S

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

That's interesting... must be the age thing as Suncorp came out at $900 for 3rd party for me. I did another few quotes and all were around $700 - $800 except Bingle which came out at $480 for 3rd party, so I think I'll be changing to them at this stage! Interesting side note - my old man drives...
  6. S

This is why I find it interesting - I agree that I'd be a higher risk for the car getting nicked or written off due to my location, age and how old the car is (no immobiliser etc). But these seem to be mostly risks on my side - I'm looking for third party only, so I would have thought the...
  7. S

Keen to hear some anecdotes on what you guys are paying for 3rd party insurance. I'm getting reamed - about $700 a year. My old man pays $250. I'm 26, live in Collingwood, drive a 1994 Land Cruiser. Never claimed anything, only had 2 small speeding fines in 8 years. $700 isn't much less than...
  8. S

I'm curious to hear the experiences you guys have had with getting a car on club reg in Vic. I've been thinking of going to two cars for a while now. I currently have an 80 series landcruiser, but thinking a more modern daily driver and an old hilux on club reg could be better for moving the...
  9. S

Newly Released Bikes General

I actually think I like the e-ibis...
  10. S

Basic Home Maintenance Gear

I have a pipe cutter, but it's pretty slow to get through thicker stuff (ZEB steerer, etc). The guides are way better.
  11. S

Basic Home Maintenance Gear

You forgot the most important - a BIG hammer. Also: a saw guide for cutting straight, and a file for cleaning up afterwards (round for the inside and flat for the outside). And a mini grease gun.
  12. S

The QUICK question thread.....

She's actually just had a bit of an overhaul, nice and fresh at the moment - https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/banshee-rune-v3-and-a-husky.319722/
  13. S

The QUICK question thread.....

Is there a way to prevent anodised black bolt heads from getting marked when using an allen key to tighten/loosen them? Thinking of pivot bolts here - they always start to look flogged once they have been done up and undone a few times. Maybe a brass allen key? o_O
  14. S

Banshee Rune V3 (and a Husky!)

If it's any consolation I can offer some Border Collie pics?
  15. S

It's so much fun. Is it you that has a KTM?
  16. S

It was sold to me as a 210mm but I am pretty sure it's actually 200mm.. Will update this. It's one of the Brand-X ones from CRC. Depending on how tall you are and the size of your bike, you might want to check the seatpost insertion.. If I lower this one another 20mm+ it hits on the pivot bolt...
  17. S

Have had the Rune for a year now and been loving it. Did a big service over the past few weeks with some cool upgrades - keen for the maiden voyage this weekend. Also bought a motorbike which is heaps of fun. Bike upgrades: - ZEB Ultimate 170mm forks (more travel, better damper and air...
  18. S

Few new links of an XT CN-M8100 Chain

@Scotty675 is gonna help me out! legend!
  19. S

Few new links of an XT CN-M8100 Chain

Item: Few links of an XT 12 speed chain. Need to be brand new or very close to it. Location: Anywhere, if you will post at my cost. Price range/Willing to Pay: Free or minimal I hope! Extra Info: I cut my chain for my 10-45 cassette and then only had did ride on it. Now I have a 10-51 and need...
  20. S

XC Ducky's Modern-Retro Carbolicious (or is it Carboniferous?) Anthem. Now with v2 Project

I thought I had found your old Anthem for you for a few moments last week. A guy emailed one of the stores I work for, saying he found an older black and blue Anthem X dumped in a park in Alphington with an empty stubby in the bottle cage. I got some pics sent through and it was unfortunately...