Search results

1. yuley95

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

What for? I don't get what’s going on here and what it achieves… Any links to something i can read up on to get it??
  2. yuley95

How stolen does this look, or a bargain and get on it.

What bike was stolen?
  3. yuley95

What does your day look like?

All the result of scientific experiments i assume?
  4. yuley95

I was already investigating other options and found GIO to be cheaper with seemingly comparable cover. Just as I was getting ready to switch I got my renewal notice from AAMI for my home insurance and they had put the premium up by $400 making my switch even more cost effective. Plus they were...
  5. yuley95

AAMI. I've since changed all my policies
  6. yuley95

My insurance tried very hard not to pay me recently after my bike was stolen. On an associated note - good to check out how insured you are and if you are covered away from home etc. I just changed from having a portable item on my home insurance to having specific bike insurance as it is a...
  7. yuley95

Hacks

Brilliant!
  8. yuley95

E13 lg1 plus wheels are they any good?

I was running Hunt wheels previously on my Transition and they were good. I got them to mix and match so i was ruNing a Trail wide wheel at the front and Enduro wide at the rear. I’m only 72-73kg but ride reasonably hard and the enduro wheel held up to all abuse and both were spinning nicely...
  9. yuley95

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I used to really like the minion semi slick but they seem to have gone out of favour for most people. Actually, to be fair, I guess I have moves on too and tend to go with the dissector now as an all rounder
  10. yuley95

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

I ordered brake pads and a chain recently. Sat in Frankfurt for 3 weeks! They should arrive on Monday. 4 or 5 months back when things were really bad, I somehow never experienced a wait this long. This has been the worse by far
  11. yuley95

Bargain buys thread

$800 off bikes that are already good value https://www.privateerbikes.com/
  12. yuley95

Went for a gentle cruise along the south Gippsland rail trail. It’s a beautiful place in the world but i was just reminded why i can never be a road rider… I was soooooooo bored :rolleyes:
  13. yuley95

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Haven’t clicked on the links to learn about this yet but is it the same as the intend system? He cable ties the cassette to the spokes so it will be the thing that ‘breaks’ if the system needs to fail
  14. yuley95

VIC Free wall art! (Jamis, tomac, iron horse) SOLD

All well and good but it looks -70. Looks like it’s compensating for too much trail…
  15. yuley95

VIC Free wall art! (Jamis, tomac, iron horse) SOLD

Whatever’s going on with the wide angle on your camera/phone makes the tomac look like it has a -70 degree head angle in the middle picture
  16. yuley95

Sold Bird Aeris AM9 ML Sold

This plot has more twists than most Hollywood movies. Can’t wait to see how it ends!
  17. yuley95

Moving from the North Shore to Melbourne

Once more thing @Kris-MK - a number of the ‘good’ trails and bike parks close in our winter. You might scrape in a ride at Lake Mountain (cascade trail is great) or Mt Buller but they will be closing around the time you arrive. Also Maydena in Tas will close around that time. Others will know...
  18. yuley95

Online retailers trusted/scammers

I bought a bike from them for my daughter. I picked it up from their factory/outlet/warehouse in Braeside. If you ever head that way, offer to pick them up? You might find out the real issue is that aren’t holding the stock themselves though…
  19. yuley95

Yeah, it def feels like more than 30km and 550 odd metres of elevation by the time you’ve finished. That downs take as much energy as the ups (or more) but it’s such a fun and varied trail. BTW - I think it gets easier the second time as you are mentally prepared for it.
  20. yuley95

Moving from the North Shore to Melbourne

Nothing more to add to this thread but make sure you reach out once you’ve landed and got your bearings. Places like Eatons Cutting near red hill will offer plenty of fun on the Spire but trails are short and you need someone to show you around as the trails are not sanctioned and not sign posted.