Search results

1. Cyclomaniac

Electric Guitar

A cheap guitar with a good setup is better than an expensive guitar with a bad setup. Even if the guitar is perfectly in tune, a bad setup will make the notes you play on the fretboard out of tune. This makes chords sound wrong. I have noticed this in some cheap guitars I have bought and I think...
  2. Cyclomaniac

Live Music Thread

I had to hold the young fella up for the drum solo, not often he will get to see a water tank in a solo. The ladies were great, they had to get them in because the late bass player had a very high vocal range. Missy Higgins filled in on a recent Broken Hill gig.
  3. Cyclomaniac

Live Music Thread

I use Alpine Pro. They come with three levels of filters that you can swap out. I used the lowest level and still no ringing after 3+ hours. My ears are sensitive to high pitches. My sisters used to bug me with a dog whistle that only I could hear. I took them out a couple of times to see if I...
  4. Cyclomaniac

Live Music Thread

After the ill fated Canberra gig earlier this year I finally saw Midnight Oil last night for their last show. It was at the Hordern and they did not dissapoint. They played for over 3 and a half hours with 40 songs. When I was about to buy my ticket I noticed that my 9 year old son was walking...
  5. Cyclomaniac

Live Music Thread

Went up to Canberra over Easter to see an old favorite, Midnight Oil. Stood in the freezing cold rain for 4 hours only to have them cancel due to lightening. I think I was getting close to hypothermia so I was happy to get out of there by then. Hopefully they can come back. Not the same anymore...
  6. Cyclomaniac

Can America be fixed?

That would be the famous Peter Lee. Not a teacher but a total LARP nut who lived on butter menthols. He put a hole in the Asquith girls high school hall with said cannon. Rumor has it that he died in the mid nineties when he crashed his truck and was taken out by the dozens of swords and spears...
  7. Cyclomaniac

House Husbands

There is some great advice here. I stayed home for 7 years when the kids were born. Loved it. I too was anxious about being unproductive but turned out to be the most productive time of my life. If you are self motivated you find that you have a lot of flexibility to do a lot, especially if the...
  8. Cyclomaniac

ENR. Reducing drag.

Those Pinion idlers are horrible. A bit of mud or dust and they become noisy and can jam up where the pin slides through the nylon spacer. One of the reasons I sold the Zerode and kept my ENR.
  9. Cyclomaniac

Flat Earth, religion, exBurner, roadie hate, alien existence, mushrooms and badgers thread

Thanks cokesonspecial and others, this forum has been very understanding and I don't hold any bad feelings against any of you. I'll happily have a beer with Hambo or any of you anytime. We can discuss religion or the weather, I don't mind. Like I said, I have been on both sides and can see that...
  10. Cyclomaniac

Flat Earth, religion, exBurner, roadie hate, alien existence, mushrooms and badgers thread

Well you are jumping category's here. Attack the theology then jump back to scientific evidence. I have respectfully tried to answer your questions but we are going in circles. Your proof is the Bible, that's all you get and it's more than enough. Take it with humility or leave it. You want a...
  11. Cyclomaniac

This is not an argument that God doesn't exist, this is just emotional blackmail to make Christians feel bad about what they believe in. It's his misinformed opinion. Does he want a world without suffering? Well we had one and we have a promise of another, forever. If he doesn't want to go to...
  12. Cyclomaniac

There's so much to say on this one that I won't really try except to say that science is also dubious on the topic of human free will.
  13. Cyclomaniac

Not trying to be a smart ass here, I respect your opinion. I used to think that way. I know where you are coming from. Judgement and condemnation are the hardest part to accept. I can see by your tone I am not going to help much. All the best.
  14. Cyclomaniac

Great question. First of all to be forgiven and have eternal life it is pretty simple if you take the time to listen. It doesn't matter which translation or which interpretation or how much you understand. It's about who you put your trust in. Is it your works? Your church? Your interpertation...
  15. Cyclomaniac

The short answer is we don't deserve this "outdated and poorly written text" let alone anything more personalised. The message is that we suck, really suck. Yet God offers a free forgivness at his own expense, yet we complain that free forgiveness is not easy enough. The Bible is teaching but...
  16. Cyclomaniac

Ok, I will probably regret this, as a Christian for over thirty years I can offer a different viewpoint. From what I see on all sides is a lack of understanding of the Bible and how it should be understood. It is first and foremost a theological text. It is not a modern science text. God has no...
  17. Cyclomaniac

The pet thread, post em up!

Meet Boondie the Kelpie. We recently moved onto some acres and they felt a bit empty without a dog. Last week I saw a Kelpie for sale on Gumtree nearby. I went and had a look and it turned out to be thick as two bricks and very anxious. It took 20 minutes to catch him and he wouldn't even look...
  18. Cyclomaniac

No Dig, No Ride.

This is great, we need to do one for motorbikes on trails too. I was out at Coondoo near Nowra the other day. After a few kms of torn up berms I came across two motorbikes stopped on the side of the trail, no doubt they were resting their wrists, needless to say they got a mouthful as I rode...
  19. Cyclomaniac

AM She’s Crafty, she gets around…

I've been running a Sunrace 11-50 on mine with no issues at all. That's with XT 11 speed long cage and 36 up front. That rattle drove me nuts. I have done something similar with automotive vacuum hose. I also had to stuff something (I can't remember what) further in because the cable was...