Search results

1. P

Bargain buys thread

Code has just been disabled. Unfortunately.
  2. P

steel 29er hardtail frame

The On-one is super tempting for that price. The other option is those Marinos floating around here recently if you want the custom route.. I had a look and the base options are from $530 aus delivered with an apparently cheaper (slower) shipping option available.
  3. P

steel 29er hardtail frame

Add shipping and it is...
  4. P

Bargain buys thread

Yup by the looks of it. Extra $140.
  5. P

Bargain buys thread

2018 Banshee frame prices have dropped another $200 at MTBD... $1699 for Prime/Rune, $1599 for Phantom/Spitfire including shocks...
  6. P

New geometry and consequences for bike fit

In my uneducated opinion, having not riden a 'new geo' bike, I unfortunately feel like the 5% outside the norm you refer to is just being too big for the frame.. It would be great if you could find an XXL frame, or at least a bike with a longer ETT and higher stack in the "new geo" and report...
  7. P

Absolutely agree. It's no question that long, low, slack has huge benefits when descending. I think the crux of it is, don't change or choose your frame size based solely on reach numbers. Except for the small majority of people, like anything, geo numbers are always going to be a compromise and...
  8. P

Just because a Process was mentioned previously, and is hyped, decided to do a little comparison, although I'm sure others have done their own... My Genius XL has a reach of 470mm (on low BB setting) and ETT of 650mm, The new Process 134 has a ETT of 664 and reach of 510mm - so the combination...
  9. P

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

That Meta looks hot! When I see the TR frame for under $1600 delivered... Anyway, converted the Genius Plus to 29", swapped from 2x10 to 1x10 with 11-42 Sunrace cassette - XT derailleur seems to shift ok for now, but if anyone has a radr cage lying around please let me know.. And upped the...
  10. P

Have you noticed changing the set up for seated 'feel' having a negative affect on the handling or feel when not seated?
  11. P

Depending on the actual change in geo from previous rides, it makes sense to me that seated would be the biggest impact. When you are out of the saddle you only have two contact points reliant on your cranks (BB) relative to bar position. You are also obviously in a more dynamic position on the...
  12. P

The stupid questions thread.

You mean a LBS? Like one of those physical, real shops that stock bike stuff? Nah but srs, do brake caliper mounting bolts need to be brake caliper bolts or just the right size any bolt?
  13. P

The stupid questions thread.

Upgraded forks from 34's to 36's. 34's are post mount 160mm, 36's are post mount 180mm. Where do I get bolts that fit now that no adapter for 180mm rotors is needed? It looks like M6 x 10-12mm?
  14. P

The discount code thread

Anything over $150 on clearance/sale I think is extra $20 off? Code SALE2019 Unsure of exact terms etc.
  15. P

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Agreed that 5 senses is nice, but also very $$$.
  16. P

I bet it would be twice as good! With poodles Sunbeam sentiment, a comparison with the common appliance manufacturers seemed appropriate.
  17. P

I own a ~$600 Breville, mate owns a ~$700 Sunbeam - I wish I had his machine. Night and day between the two. For coffee supplies, if I'm poorly prepared my local supermarket stocks Braziliano coffee for about $16/500g, they are more than passable and better than some others you will buy in...
  18. P

Sick Bicycle Co. Deathwish

I got quoted (as per website) $110us shipping!
  19. P

Sick Bicycle Co. Deathwish

I contacted Marino about the SICK frames (was curious about the WULF hardtail) - price quoted was the same, if not more than building a custom! Now tempted to get on board..
  20. P

ACT Sold Wheels, shocks, brakes and lots of other stuff

Are either of the cranks boost?