Search results

1. R

ACT 2020 Giant Anthem 29er 2 medium

Item: 2020 Giant Anthem 29er 2 Location: Canberra - the Peoples' Republic of the Inner North Item Condition: Brand new Reason for selling: 29ers aren't my thing. I'm a luddite who wants his 26" Anthem back. Price and price conditions: $2800. It's $3800 RRP and some shops will probably do...
  2. R

Boxxer angle clamps?

I have an old DH bike that's running 2010 Boxxers. It'd be nice to slacken out the forks maybe 2 degrees from current HA of about 65.5 degrees, which would also drop the BB a few mm which is nice - but the old EC34 headtube rules out an angleset, which would probably do 1 degree adjust anyway...
  3. R

ACT NukeProof Enduro Knee Sleeve - Medium

Item: NukeProof's Enduro-style knee pads, in size medium. Location: The People's Republic of the Inner North, ACT Item Condition: Brand New, never used. Reason for selling: They seem pretty nice .. but I got so many other knee pads that I don't need one let alone two pairs of these. Price and...
  4. R

Road shifters and mountain (front) derailleurs.. what works?

A lot of the compatability guides for mixing MTB and road components only mention the rear derailleur, I guess understandable given the popularity of 1x .... I'm looking for the kind of range that 2x brings and wondering - does anyone here know if cable pull for front derailleurs the same, or...
  5. R

Wheels - 26" DH/AM and Mavic XC

I want some 26" wheels: Item: 26" DH/AM/Enduro/whatever wheelset, 20mm front, 135mm QR (or convertible to) rear Location: Prefer ACT, will likely pay postage from elsewhere in AU Price range/Willing to Pay: looking to stay under $200... Extra Info: .. Got an AM bike I'd like to sell complete...
  6. R

Lockout / damper for RockShox Psylo / Duke

Up top of the damper / lockout (called "Pure Compression Assembly" and / or "Climb-It Control Adjuster" maybe?) on my old 2002 Psylo Race forks has apparently cracked, so it's leaking and more or less dead. Anyone got an old set of Pyslos (or Dukes, I think) with a lockout / damper on them that...
  7. R

Wanted: Giant Carbon 26" XC duallie, medium (Anthem or NRS)

Item: Giant Anthem (X) Advanced (SL) 26" or NRS Composite/Air - complete or frame, size Medium Location: I'm in the ACT but postage / travel considered. Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition Extra Info:` I'm (still) looking to build up a medium size carbon XC duallie - using an...
  8. R

Wanted: Giant Carbon 26" duallie, medium

Item: Giant NRS Composite or Anthem (X) Advanced (SL) 26" - complete or frame, size Medium Location: I'm in the ACT but postage / travel considered. Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition Extra Info: I'm looking to build up a medium size carbon XC duallie - using an NRS...
  9. R

ACT Avid Juicy with Carbon levers

Item: Avid Juicy disc brakes with Carbon levers Location: Aus, will pay ship Price range/Willing to Pay: ~$100 depending on condition / parts Extra Info: I'm looking for a matching pair of Juicy Carbon / Ultimates (I like Carbon levers) in good working condition - pad wear is fine...
  10. R

Garmin Edge Touring - Aus Maps

Anyone else got themselves a Garmin Edge Touring? They look like a discounted 800 with reduced functionality software - focussing on navigation / touring instead of performance / fitness. I got one and am trying to figure out how to get decent routing .. I have been downloading .img files...
  11. R

Shimano STI shifting MTB cranks

So, I got a cross bike for the better half that needs lower gearing (cause it'll do a little CX, and a lot of towing kids around..) It's got 105 STI shifters, 105 front der (double), road compact cranks, KMC 10sp chain - IE, not a funny shaped Shimano one. (Also got 105 rear mech and 11-32...
  12. R

FOUND ACT - Polar bike computer @ Stromlo

Found a Polar bike computer + mount on Rollercoaster, near the top of Mt Stromlo yesterday. Perhaps it's yours? According to the settings, it's owner is a slim, 30 year old male. He doesn't use it often on his 29er equipped with 5" tyres - or maybe a 32er with 2" tyres (according to the...
  13. R

SRAM MTB cranks with SRAM Road front derailleur

Does anyone know whether a SRAM Rival derailleur (chainline 44.5mm?) is adjustable enough / has a wide enough range of movement / whatever to properly shift a SRAM X7 2x10 crankset (49.5mm?) underneath it. Reason: I'm wondering how to get lower the gearing on a road bike and was thinking...
  14. R

24" (507mm ISO) 24-hole rim?

OK, so I'm looking for a 24" (507mm) rim. There's lots of quality rims out there, dirt cheap, with 32 holes. A few are also available in 36-hole. Problem is, I have a 24 hole hub. I could go a crazy lacing pattern but before I entertain that idea, I'm hoping someone can point me at a...
  15. R

Snow biking

Well, winter is really here - so I figure I might as well embrace it fully. There's lots of snow coming, but when it does what Aussie snow does and has turned to hardpack my thoughts will wander to one question: Can I ride it? Anyone given snow / ice riding a crack? Whereabouts? Years ago I...
  16. R

multiple D-locks with same key

I'm after about 4 new D-Locks. I'd like them to be decent units - "sold secure silver" or better might give you a rough idea. EG, Kryponite Krypolok Series 2 / Evolution series 4, or Onguard Bulldog / PitBull, etc. (The New York or Brute locks are just too heavy to carry around.. I've tried!)...
  17. R

3 states' trails 2011

So, the better half and I have been off to a few trails this year and I thought I'd put up a few words about them - particularly the ones not discussed endlessly in recently times (EG won't bore you with Kowen / Mont24 course..) Mt Buller, Vic - Rode the Bike Buller festival, which was all...
  18. R

Giant NRS frame (broken OK) or Rocker arms

Item: Giant NRS frame OR rocker arms to suit Location: Anywhere in Aus Price range/Willing to Pay: $50-300 Extra Info: Do you have a broken Giant NRS frame around? I'm after the rocker arms, maybe the pivot bolts etc. Perhaps you have or know where to get the aftermarket 5" rocker arms...
  19. R

New XC groupsets rant - are ShRAMano run by retarded marketers?

So, SRAM have countered Shimano's 2011 XTR and XT 10-speed groupsets with their own models - all the way down to X7: http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/sram-x9-and-x0-components-first-look-25741 http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/new-10-speed-sram-x7-unveiled-25411 Does anyone here...
  20. R

SOLD: Swap: XT/Saint RT79 160mm centerlock rotors for similar

Item: Shimano XT / Saint RT79 rotors, Centerlock, 160mm Location: ACT Item Condition: As-new. Reason for selling: The centre "spider" rubs my Avid calipers. Price and price conditions: SWAP for similar rotors that don't rub (IE, smaller spider.) So I got a couple of as-new Shimano XT /...