Search results

1. Cyclomaniac

MTB on Sth Coast NSW (Ulladulla region)

I am in Jervis Bay and there is not much except for fire trails here. Some of them are badly maintained enough to be interesting. I ride the SCUM trails near Nowra sometimes but they are not very challenging if that's what you are after. There is also the funnel Web out the back of Wandandian. I...
  2. Cyclomaniac

Fire Warnings

Leaving could be a good idea. Last week I thought I was prepared but when the southerly arrived it was of little comfort. Days of prep and a garden hose wouldn't have done much if here were embers coming at me at 70kph. I sent the kids away and had an escape plan but still pretty scary.
  3. Cyclomaniac

Fire Warnings

I don't know if it has been mentioned here but the scanner radio app is very helpful when the fires are near. Being able to hear the firies in real time lets you know exactly what is going on. Local Facebook page was good but a lot of misinformation and political arguments to wade through.
  4. Cyclomaniac

NSW FOUND WTB XT M8000 rear mech sgs (long cage)

Problem solved. I took the wolf cage off and put the shimano plate one back on. Now even if I try to derail the chain it just skips back onto the wheel. Goatlink next time.
  5. Cyclomaniac

Fire Warnings

We had that sooty rain near Jervis Bay yesterday, smelt awful, had too get the kids in out of it. It was dark as night night at 4pm.
  6. Cyclomaniac

11-50, I could try the B screw, thanks moorey
  7. Cyclomaniac

Item: XT M8000 rear mech sgs (long cage) Location: Jervis Bay NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: $120 if new Extra Info: I ordered one from Wiggle over a week ago and still waiting for the order to be processed. Really want to get one asap to ride during the holidays. If anyone has one or knows...
  8. Cyclomaniac

Sea Otter at Stromlo

Just saw this https://www.ambmag.com.au/news/sea-otter-comes-to-aus-535863 Might be worth a trip. I am particularly interested in the "cycle chic fashion parades", I assume that will be in the Rotorburn tent. Or it could be an annoying throng of tossers looking at the overpriced tiny...
  9. Cyclomaniac

Electric Vehicles etc

Worth thinking about, but the Camry would have co2 footprint in it's own manufacture. The question is, when we consider emissions for each vehicle as a whole over its' entire life including manufacture, maintenance and recycling, is it a step forward or backward? Also if it is backward will it...
  10. Cyclomaniac

Vasectomy

Sounds aweful. Not trying to talk anyone out of it but just letting others know that it isn't always easy and you might need more time off work than expected. I don't regret it, day 12 now and feeling better. Even managed to mosey on down and see U2 last night. Lots of walking was painful but...
  11. Cyclomaniac

Vasectomy

You will hear a lot of blokes talking about how quick and painless the recovery is. Lying bastards!!! It's day 10 now and I am still getting around like a cowboy. Walking around feels like I am sitting on them. Whatever you do, do not run down stairs!:eek:
  12. Cyclomaniac

The UP thread.

No seat tube collar to seat rail. Just want to know if it will give me a lower seat when dropped than my reverb 125mm which is too high. Looking at the posts measurements, it should be about 25mm lower for the same extended height. The photo looks like it would not insert low enough and I would...
  13. Cyclomaniac

The UP thread.

Thanks wkkie.
  14. Cyclomaniac

The UP thread.

Glad I saw this wkkie, I was looking to buy one of these but it looks like it will still sit higher than my Reverb at full insert. What is the collar to rail height?
  15. Cyclomaniac

Electric Vehicles etc

Things are changing fast but it has been a long wait. I finished my mechanics apprenticeship 20 years ago and it was clear then that the ice was a dead end. I still can believe it has taken so long to catch on. Everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to invent the perfect battery.
  16. Cyclomaniac

CCDB inline air - Who services their own?

Add one for me if you don't mind Link.
  17. Cyclomaniac

CCDB inline air - Who services their own?

I am in a similar position. You will love the ENR, mine came with the CC too but will get the coil conversion when it needs a service. I think I will give up and go with a DVO Jade soon if CC are not diy serviceable.
  18. Cyclomaniac

Bargain buys thread

It seems that you need to imply that you already have one. I think it is a loyalty reward thing. I asked about if they were going to do the trade up deal in Australia (they are not) and then winged about the weak Aussie dollar and they gave me the code. It wasn't through tech support but through...
  19. Cyclomaniac

Sold 2018 Kona Process 153 29er AL Large Sold

Price drop.
  20. Cyclomaniac

Sold 2018 Kona Process 153 29er AL Large Sold

Item: 2018 Kona Process 153 29er AL Large Location: Jervis Bay, NSW south coast Item Condition: used but in good working order. Reason for selling: 29ers are not for me. Price and price conditions: $2600 Extra Info: Yari debonair 160mm (serviced in April) Rockshox deluxe rear shock Guide R 4...