Search results

1. B

What are you listening to NOW?

A bit of heavy blues rock from Brazil
  2. B

Pointless new standards - name and shame the "innovators".

The thing that gets me with most of these new standards, is the changes they make are incremental, and small increments at that. If they are going to change a standard and put everyone through incompatibility issues, I wish they'd just do it properly in the first place. That article on DUB...
  3. B

The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

I think a lot of regional people don't necessarily expect the latest technological advancement (based on my experience at least) and accept that this is something you have to live with as part of living in the country. What regional people do get pissed off with is things like services that we...
  4. B

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

I reckon there's probably some truth in both views. That experiment they did was only over a short amount of time. I'm sure we've all noticed that by the end of summer our houses get hotter and hotter and harder to keep cool simply due to the warming of the thermal mass of the house day in day...
  5. B

What are you listening to NOW?

A bit of fuzz and distortion infused blues.
  6. B

What have I done? Advice needed for fork decision

Mattoc from CRC might be worth a try. They can be had for a good price and they seem to be well liked.
  7. B

NSW Hayes 9 brake levers

I have a whole front brake if you want it. No rear though. No idea if it still works as it hasn't been used for about 15 years.
  8. B

Wood Fired Ovens

I also grew up with one and echo everything you've said. Summers were truly horrible at night if the stove had been lit. Can see it being worthwhile in a colder climate but on the mid-north coast of NSW where daily temps are 30+ for 4-5 months of the year, it wasn't ideal. If someone can afford...
  9. B

Commuting without lights? Is it the new trend.

If you've got lights, it gives drivers something to aim at. Much better to go stealth with no lights and dark clothing*. *may not be my actual opinion.
  10. B

Bargain buys thread

CRC have a few forks on special at the moment. Some examples $412 https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/x-fusion-sweep-rl2-forks-2016/rp-prod140406 $566 https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/fox-suspension-36-float-performance-shock-formance-2018/rp-prod183262
  11. B

Devinci code, it's hectik

Stem looks a bit short. Definitely needs a longer stem*. Otherwise looks awesome. *or maybe shorter. Yes definitely shorter.
  12. B

Chainsaw advice....

Echo are worth a look. My dad has been in the forestry business pretty much all his life and always had huskys. His latest saw is a big echo and the thing is a beast. The echos are really reliable and really well made according to him. He has gone to echo for his brushcutter as well. Sent from...
  13. B

DH I haven't named it yet

Ok, it looks like a BMW racelink. Actually, just had a look at a BMW racelink and yours would need a crazy high bottom bracket to look anything like a racelink.
  14. B

What Bike Do You Regret Selling?

I had one of those and regret selling it too. By today's standards it was very short and steep, but it used to pop of any jump and was so maneuverable compared to my more modern long/slack bikes. A short top tube does have its place - unstable at speed, but fuck I could chuck that bike about on...
  15. B

XC Nicolai Saturn 11

I know. I’m just having a go. Back on topic, that is a stunning bike. I like that it isn’t raw like most nicolai’s you see. Very understated but classy.
  16. B

XC Nicolai Saturn 11

And who gets the voucher? Him or his mate who owns it? The PYR needs some rules and regulations. Otherwise I'm off to find some epic builds on vitalmtb to post up for a friend....
  17. B

STOLEN Suss Bronson CC

Maybe the melvins had something to do with it
  18. B

Bargain buys thread

Yeah but who is getting screwed over? It won't be SRAM. It will be a small online bike shop run by Aussies that support the sport.
  19. B

Bargain buys thread

I think you've done the right thing. If it were me I'd be feeling a bit uncomfortable knowing that it was a mistake that I'd taken advantage of. However, you've now given them the option to correct the mistake and they've chosen to honour it anyway. Full credit to MBD and good on you for...
  20. B

Bargain buys thread

Agreed on the $50 voucher, but personally I also think the price must have been a mistake. Good on MBD for honouring it, but would they really sell RC Lyriks for $265 when they could probably have gotten 3 times that?