Search results

1. Plankosaurus

Wanted - unicorn poop (mid travel straight steerer air forks)

I snapped up a cotic bfe on a whim to build for wifey to not ride with her other bikes. but casually ignored the head tube not being a 44id like mine so I now need to find something for it. Item: unicorn poop (26" straight 1 1/8 steerer forks with 140-160mm travel) Location: narre warren...
  2. Plankosaurus

Wanted - 3 decent bikes and a garbage crankset

I've got a few friends chasing bikes at the moment, figured I'd get rotorburn on the case. Item: medium trail to am bike Location: narre warren Price range/Willing to Pay: $800 budget Extra Info: this kid has aspirations for a $1500 bike, but dad feels otherwise. I know we can get something...
  3. Plankosaurus

LDTR Lysty Kids social rides

Hey guys, i thought i'd drop these rides in rotorburn aswell, just in case any of you parent types might be interested in getting your kids out with a bunch of other kids for a cruisy social ride. these are aimed more at emerging riders, and a social atmosphere, so if your kiddo needs to be...
  4. Plankosaurus

VIC Lysterfield trail survey (please help!)

As we all know, parks have gone completely bonkers of late. It feels as though they want to shut out any user groups that cause them to use any of their budget (honestly, this is the only reason I can think of for the treatment of mountain bikers and climbers of late). LDTR has just spent a big...
  5. Plankosaurus

What was your riding soundtrack today?

Or what did the weird jukebox in your head put on repeat for you while you sweated it out? I can't be the only one this happens to. I don't listen to music while riding so my brain gets a little stir crazy and starts playing tunes for me. Sometimes it's a winner, sometimes it's... Less of a...
  6. Plankosaurus

VIC Fs - hope v4 brakeset - black, braided lines - SOLD

Wifey has found some purple e4s, so the crappy black v4s are chopped liver [emoji1787] Item: hope v4 brakeset. Braided lines. Blacker than mooreys vegan heart Location: narre warren. I can post, but chances are you won't see them till Feb the way Aus post are going at the moment Item Condition...
  7. Plankosaurus

VIC Swapsies - ks lev integra, pf30 crankset, clipless pedals - SOLD

I have some things with no use, looking to swap for things I can use. Ideally direct swap for like items, but I'm also chasing a left hand xt m785 lever in black. Meeting for a swap preferred, but I'll do post for burners (not Facebook users though, no no no) Item: NS clash trail hardtail...
  8. Plankosaurus

VIC Funky steerer 29er forks. Take them before I build Moar bikes - SOLD

I finally found some forks for my Kona that didn't require stuffing about, so the 2 sets I bought previously are no longer needed. $150 each, or take them both for $250. Item: rockshox revelation rc3 29er, 140mm travel, 15x100 axle, 150mm steerer Location: narre warren Item Condition...
  9. Plankosaurus

Ye Olde 4 pot xt brakes - can I shorten the lines?

I bought a set of old xt 4 pots on a whim because they were cheap and I was bored. They work fine, once I sorted out the stupid IS mounts at least. But I want to shorten the hoses and possibly run modern levers on the set. But it they use a weird banjo on both ends system so I'm a little...
  10. Plankosaurus

Wanted / swapsies - 26" 150mm straight steerer forks - found

I'm putting together the last heckler in my garage for a mate, but being an old school xl it has a biiig head tube. Ideally I'd like to swap the set of 130mm dual air U turn revelations I have for something in a 150 or 160mm fork with a steerer at least 210mm long. Can be coil, as long as they...
  11. Plankosaurus

Possibly stolen stuff on bookface

Does anyone know if a shop has been ripped off recently in the Melbourne area? Just found some reasonably priced shifters for a mate, but the seller had a bulk lot and no idea what they were. Looked into his other items for sale and almost none of it would have been from the same bike, and a...
  12. Plankosaurus

Wanted - fox32 damper unit OR straight steerer air forks (found)

Gah!! I was servicing some forks for a friend and I've done gone snapped the damper bolt when tightening it up. I didn't think I was over torquing it, but it seems I might need to get my arms re-calibrated. Item: fox32 damper, or whole fork, or just the end bit I've broken Location: narre...
  13. Plankosaurus

Mr Beefy (Cotic BFe)

Due to some extra time on my hands, I started doing too much thinking and thoughts led to playing around with something of an AM hardtail. I've moved from alu to steel for hardtails before and it's a much nicer ride so this is where I aimed for. @Daniel Hale has kindly sold me a wicked frame to...
  14. Plankosaurus

wanted - ummmm, things? I can't keep track anymore! - found

Few random things i'm after at the moment, this'll all change again in a couple of hours. or minutes... Item: Ima Just list them below Location: Narre warren, i'll pay for post if you dont mind visiting the scary post office people Price range/Willing to Pay: they're your items, tell me what...
  15. Plankosaurus

Twinsies! (Hecklers for the boys)

I've been fortunate enough to have a few dollarydoos lying around when hecklers have been up for grabs, and my boys have been fortunate enough in that they've been too small for me [emoji38] So boy #1 (3min older) was the first with a heckler. I found this monochrome looking thing as a frame...
  16. Plankosaurus

Anyone in the st Albans area missing a bike?

Because this chunt has been BUSY! Gareth James https://www.facebook.com/F.I.G.J.A.G.007 I stumbled on an ad on gumtree today, dude has had his bike nicked, then found an ad for it on bookface. Unfortunately it's been sold, but the cops are all over this by the sounds of things. The dude who...
  17. Plankosaurus

26 rear / 27.5 front - rad or bogus?

So the big front little rear thing has come back around after 10 years or so, and it's got me a thinking. My tracer2 is 26 rear, I don't like my chances of digging up a set of 275 dropouts for it so I'm just going to have to accept it as it is. But I'm running a 275 fork on it, and I need to...
  18. Plankosaurus

Wanted - steel AM hardtail frame 26 or 27.5 - found

Yet another project to stave off the boredom for a short while. I figure since I've totalled my back, I might as well make it worse by trying to ride rough stuff on a hardtail [emoji38] Item: large (or a big medium) steel hardtail frame that'll take a tapered 160mm fork Location: narre warren...
  19. Plankosaurus

VIC Wanted - old crappy parts for kids 'get to school's bike (found)

One of my kids has been struggling a bit with the bmx we've given him for getting to school (because good bikes DO NOT go in school bike sheds) so I've just bought an old Avanti hammer for him to use. The hammer was nearly complete, and despite the neglect I've mostly got it all running smoothly...
  20. Plankosaurus

VIC Scored a bargain, what do I do with what I don't want? (sold)

So I was just doing my usual gumtree scan this morning, and happened upon a local that was offloading a giant glory 8. It was ludicrous cheap, so I gave him a few bucks more so I could feel a little better about ripping him off [emoji850]. Condition is pretty good despite having spent the last 5...