Search results

1. silentbutdeadly

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

An American I know (sort of) recently suggested to me that the people who founded America and upon whose principles were founded their weird idea of a constitution were actually members of a Christian cult that didn't fear death... ...these days, they have the weight and the numbers and the...
  2. silentbutdeadly

The discount code thread

Not going to argue but that's about the truth of it. Merlin 'assemble' their own bikes so (presumably) use Shimano UK as their OE supplier...and offload their 'glut' to their international acolytes who are searching constantly for a bargain. And yes...if you want customer service then, by all...
  3. silentbutdeadly

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

We run the sunbeam minibarista...paid $199 for it. We also use a conical burr grinder...and I think this is why we have only gone through two other similarly affordable manual machines since 2003. First one was a Breville Cafe Roma, second one was a Sunbeam and now this one (which has been the...
  4. silentbutdeadly

Confessions from the fuckwits

Safety warning went out today to some NSW public service... Apparently, an unfortunate lady managed to set fire to the hand sanitiser she was using via static electricity. 2nd degree burns. I'm told the pics of the damage are quite something. M'lady says she's staying well away from that sort...
  5. silentbutdeadly

The discount code thread

Merlin have an OE arrangement with Shimano...and they can and do ship Shimano stuff. Got some shifters in February for example. SJS Cycles will too but they don't always have the price advantage. Lately I've been finding Bikebug locally does OK with some Shimano stuff too. Also been keeping an...
  6. silentbutdeadly

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Oh I don't know... I've kind of got used to a war where the opposing combatants, rather than fighting each other, continue to shoot themselves in the feet or their fellow soldiers in the head. Of course, like most wars...non-combatants are the ones who really cop it
  7. silentbutdeadly

custom wheel builds - feedback

He's done all my wheels since 2014...I've lost count of how many sets. Maybe eight? So far...none have required additional work apart from one rim that I expired due to the fact that I ride like a plough and the rim wasn't the right specification for the bike and the rider...and I specified it...
  8. silentbutdeadly

Little Things You Love

Maybe. There is always Bike Friday too...though that isn't one.
  9. silentbutdeadly

Newly Released Bikes General

I resemble this comment...
  10. silentbutdeadly

It's only an issue for kids and parents that are not vaccinated against chicken pox...
  11. silentbutdeadly

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

I reckon I've got two frames hanging from the wall in the shed made of this amazing material...and possibly 1 more in a box. I might actually be able to afford a Yeti!
  12. silentbutdeadly

That's amazing...both the ad and the bike! A Bomber on a Giant hybrid... who'd have thought? And the second ad compared the offered PoS with a current Reign? So good...
  13. silentbutdeadly

Is that lever also on the wrong side? If it was correctly positioned where it is...I think it would be upside down. Bleeding it would be even more of a palaver...
  14. silentbutdeadly

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I got mine straight from Paragon...
  15. silentbutdeadly

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Interesting choice for the PMW sliding dropouts...if that was a new frame I'd have gone with the thruaxle inserts rather than the old QR versions. I did try to replace the same PMW QR inserts for 142 thruaxle inserts into my steel hardtail but the years of riding on the spindly rear stays meant...
  16. silentbutdeadly

I laughed. You are an evil person. Please do not move west of Helensburgh for everyone else's personal safety.
  17. silentbutdeadly

Newly Released Bikes General

I can't decide whether someone got poled...or shafted.
  18. silentbutdeadly

Trump.....

You'd need to ingest some disinfectant for that...
  19. silentbutdeadly

The last movie you've last watched last

I just watched Ronin again...
  20. silentbutdeadly

Dictator for a day

Pestilence: the evidence that I've experienced suggests that there will be some areas of eastern Australia enjoying a springtime locust plague. As for nation building, I would much prefer my sick jumps and massive gaps to be enabled by constructions of substance rather than debt laden shit...