Search results

1. teK--

Airtime on Stromlo's vapour trail

I was gonna say... That's bloody good video quality for 2005 lol
  2. teK--

Confessions from the fuckwits

This is too good not to share. Mate swore he couldn't pump up his tyre. Got every suggesting from us aside from avoiding removing the tyre (cushcore) He conceded in the end ...
  3. teK--

VIC Lysterfield Park

Yeah I noticed this new group too. Keep getting notifications because they announce every time they get another 100 members lol. Who is this guy anyway? Does he even build there or have links to the club who does? Cannot see this ending well.
  4. teK--

VIC Lysterfield Park

That's the great thing about Silvan. It is steep and most tracks are rough and behind the skill of all the novices who flood to Lystie. Joining Lystie to Silvan might not be the best idea for that reason. That is beyond ignorant. the guy even asked for help so it's not as if it wasn't obvious...
  5. teK--

Rocky Mountain Slayer

Something cool to scratch the itch... :p
  6. teK--

VIC Lysterfield Park

That's a really good idea idea. Only challenge is that unlike a snow resort, people don't start at the bottom or top of a chairlift. The chairlifts are also staffed whenever running, so they can update signage immediately when weather changes. Places like Lysterfield people can join onto the...
  7. teK--

VIC Lysterfield Park

I really feel for clubs like LDTR and YYMTB. So much hard work from volunteers often hampered by red tape from PV and other authorities. It also doesn't help when entitled arseholes feel the need to ride in the wet and through trail closures, or destroy/B-line features with a complete disregard...
  8. teK--

What's everyone doing with their wallet, phone and keys on a ride?

Not sure why the hate on wearing a backpack. Maybe because of the thought of carrying too much and bags jumping around on bumpy terrain. I use an USWE backpack it does not move at all, sits fairly high so you don't get that sweaty lower back, and can carry all my stuff without worrying about...
  9. teK--

Rear Wheel. Spokes Detensioning. Creaking noise under braking or climbing.

What's more important is the spokes on each side are as close in tension as possible to other spokes on the same side. Big differences will cause some to unwind. That's why I usually prioritise even tension over a wheel that is perfectly true. I run max tension on the drive side (rear) or...
  10. teK--

Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Group 1 - 1000m vert+ Chriso_29er - Chris Boom King - Andrew teK-- - Jim
  11. teK--

Chain reaction cycles

That wasn't the good ol days! I remember it as being when it was no GST/VAT, free DHL Express shipping after spending $99, a great exchange rate, and no geoblocking. No wonder I was broke all the time then.
  12. teK--

Chain reaction cycles

What? Free shipping threshold is now $199? Those chunts... Dead to me.
  13. teK--

Skewing the olive

the olive isn't sitting correctly, because the barb isn't pushed all the way in. If the barb is set correctly, the master cylinder bore will push the olive down to the correct depth ;)
  14. teK--

Skewing the olive

You need glasses
  15. teK--

Skewing the olive

Barb needs to sit up flush against end of the hose!
  16. teK--

Advice for a flat pedal newb

picsorban
  17. teK--

Advice for a flat pedal newb

As long as you are using riding specific shoes, it doesn't matter so much that you aren't using 510s. Ideally you have something that is as grippy as 510s, but even if you don't, technique is going to be the biggest factor. The grippiest soles won't grip the pedals if you don't have enought...
  18. teK--

There's a secret shuttle pickup point at the bottom. Just press up down left left A A B, then walk through the waterfall.
  19. teK--

I'd say to make it fair, Felix has to ride with a hardtail on slick tyres.
  20. teK--

It is a great example of how unsanitised the trail network is. A nice alternative to some of the outright illegal trails on private lands which are commonly ridden by Burners, but I won't mention the place names of. The warning signs nailed to trees are true, always look before you leap and...