Search results

1. R

Triple A rating - What is it good for ... Huh

Not directly, the main problem was bad debt re-birthed over and over again until it got to AAA rating, loopholes in the American financial system.
  2. R

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Was out there yesterday and there was a bloke hitting the big jump line and riding pretty hard with no helmet, I asked him where his lid was and he told me it was at home. Ridiculous. Couple of other people without helmets too but they seemed to be curious as opposed to riding it. Also noticed...
  3. R

Tyre pressure. How things have changed.

I recently purchased a Schwalbe digital tyre pressure gauge, reads pressure a bit lower than the gauge on my pump.
  4. R

AM 2014 Trek Remedy 8...now 2018 Trek Remedy 8 (Page 3)

Put a massive hole through the rear Bontrager tyre which destroyed it, then on the next ride managed to ding and flat spot the Bontrager rim to the point of no repair! I managed to bend the ding out so it would hold air in tubeless but the flat spot remained, I got through a few rides like this...
  5. R

Thredbo thoughts

Did a lap last trip, was pretty good! We left it too late to leave Thredbo and missed the free shuttle back...whoops! Next time I'd give it a few hours and stop for a swim in the river halfway!
  6. R

Thredbo thoughts

Agreed, I did rate the trail leading into the Flow and AM across the ridge, but the remainder was same-same. And tamed down if anything.
  7. R

Thredbo thoughts

My last two trips to Thredbo have left me wanting, I'll even go as far to say I won't go back until there is substantially more trail development! I do like the additions to the AM and Flow trails, however I still think that only 3 trails lacks variety as it does get a bit repetitive - because...
  8. R

All Mountain Tyres

Brief review on the Onza Ibex EDC's. I've had 4 solid sessions riding (1 x Green Valleys + 3 x Thredbo) and the tyres are great! I've been feeling confident with them on a variety of terrain, and wet/dry dirt! Would def recommend them! The rear tyre is showing a fair bit of wear but...
  9. R

how do you cope with the heat

As long as I'm moving I find the airflow keeps me cool enough - commuting to and from work the heat doesn't really bother me too much as I can keep the pace up! Climbing the MTB on the other hand, twice this summer I've had to really back off on the climbs to manage the heat! I've been drinking...
  10. R

All Mountain Tyres

Got a set of Onza Ibex EDC's on he bike last night - keen to see how they go!
  11. R

Bleeding hydraulic brakes after 1 year - worthwhile?

My shimano brakes do this if the bike is laid down or held upright for a while...had a scary moment at Thredbo when I pulled my bike off the chair and went thundering down the fire road and the rear lever went back to the bars, couple of pumps and all good! The Deores on my commuter were...
  12. R

The "I will ride _____km in 2020" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Ended up at 1,959km total for the year - reasonably happy with that total!
  13. R

Track pump for tubeless tyres - recommendations?

Have a compressor already, it's big, old and I think it's not running right. At least I can pack the track pump into the car if needed.
  14. R

Cheers, ordered one today!
  15. R

I'm on the hunt for a track pump that can seat tubeless tyres - any recommendations?
  16. R

2017 remedy 9 or 2018 remedy 8 ?

Nice one! Conversion to 1 x is easy...get a chainguide for extra security the the NW chainring!
  17. R

Eagle is great...coming off 10sp the cassette has so much more range!
  18. R

2018 Remedy 8 owner here, I think it's a really good package, feels very balanced. I had a 2014 Remedy 8 previously and the new bike is a huge step up, descends and handles well, climbing is not compromised. Would recommend. As others have stated it doesn't have the through shaft rear shock -...
  19. R

Tyre Advice for 27.5

Hi Kimi - first of all I want to say I'm a big fan! I run Maxxis Detonators (slick) on my mtb wheels no problems - and they're heaps skinner than my offroad tyres!
  20. R

VIC FOUND- Shimano SLX M675 R/H brake lever or front brake complete

I have complete brake setup with bent blade...if you're interested PM me.