Search results

1. K

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

This houseprice keeper package is really just to try and convince people who were about to reno or build before covid to pull the trigger.. Getting plans/permits for 150k renos or new builds in the time frame the gov has outline is going to limit the policies effectiveness.. It’s a pretty...
  2. K

Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

I can’t make it but will just add that i have ridden Silvan once when it was wet.. Pulled off 8 leaches.. Never again in the rain.. Hot tip, don’t bin it near any of the creeks..
  3. K

The last movie you've last watched last

It actually keeps giving for a long while. Similar story arc as breaking bad..
  4. K

Deore 12 speed

I swap between bikes one has gx eagle the other xt 1x11.. Sram requires more force on the shifter to change.. I used to think the m8000 xt was too firm but not now I have side by side comparison.. I imagine the new xt would be very good..
  5. K

How long do warranty claims take?

I have claimed two frames with Giant and both took about 2 weeks to sort out. Both great results and giant was very generous with the replacements. Bike shop swapped over the components.. Had one claim with a boutique usa company, they were quick to assess and agree to a warranty but then took 3...
  6. K

Heaps of xc guys ride out there.. On the gravity trails you just have to take the b lines unless you have xc seat up, balls of chops..
  7. K

So from this weekend can have as many people as you like at a house auction but can’t have a funeral with over 10.. Go NSW.. What a fkn disgrace.. https://www.nsw.gov.au/news/nsw-ready-to-reopen-front-door-on-property-inspections-and-on-site-auctions
  8. K

Yeah totally agree, I wish it would happen and we would get the restructure of the economy that we desperately need to be more productive. But alas that ain’t happening with the current ideological lib/nat gov.. It will just be more of the same without regulations and “red tape”... Yep 40-50...
  9. K

I’m keen.. Not if it’s wet though. Last time I crashed into the creek and got covered in leaches[emoji1785]...
  10. K

I used to think like this, but at the end of the day the gov enforced the restrictions that killed the economy. Businesses didn’t have a choice, the free markets failed because of it. Yes it was a pandemic (and the govs reaction was right) but the gov made a choice how they would deal with it so...
  11. K

It’s a funny vid but it should be noted it was created by a ccp news source.. Their propaganda has hit amazing levels, high quality stuff.. US should pay Trey Parker for their version..
  12. K

The sabre rattling is because of the ccp cover up in the early stages.. It’s looking likely atm that they knew and let it spread. Whether maliciously or by negligence who knows. There is a lot of talk in the US that the rest of China imposed domestic travel bans on Wuhan yet let international...
  13. K

It’s a 2 way relationship, China is stuffed without our iron ore.. they would have no way to build all that middle class infrastructure that keeps their society intact and the ccp in control. China has no way to source the amount of iron ore we provide them. So it’s not quite as clear cut as you...
  14. K

Problem with this is those young healthy people are the ones that look after the vulnerable.. If you let the virus run free you pretty much are going to kill off a chunk of the old and immune compromised. A friend of mines wife is just out of chemo for breast cancer, she’s 40 and has been told...
  15. K

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Thanks mate, yeah they look good. Their euro store (czech) has a special on the normal style rim, $900 au a pair laced to a dt swiss 350 rear hub.. Might flick them an email and see if they will post to au..
  16. K

Twiggy comes across as a bit of a flog, having the nerve to wheel out the Chinese ambassador from Victoria at the announcement FFS. Talk about looking after your own self interests first and foremost.. Can’t have our gov say anything naughty about chyna that might affect his business..
  17. K

Probably the same as elswhere in the US, low socio-economic group that more susceptible ie diabetes, no health insurance etc..
  18. K

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cheers, Looks like these? https://reviews.mtbr.com/quai-isos-33-enduro-wheel-review Fb link isn’t working for me..
  19. K

The reason I think it’s a tad early to reopen is because we don’t have wide baseline testing to find out the real level of community transmission. Vic are testing all ages and doing random testing on construction sites/hospital workers etc also doing sewage testing.. It’s a bit over a week or so...
  20. K

I get the feeling we are going a touch early on resuming the “economy”.. Your in the ACT though yeah? Numbers suggest that it’s one of the safest places at least.. Not great though.. We aren’t even in winter yet and scomo wants to hit the throttle.. Thank fuck for the vic cho down here who is...