Search results

1. tobbogonist

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Wanting to jump in with a stripper joke oh so much although i note it's been done. Thanks though, just bought a karcher. Anything to speed this up.
  2. tobbogonist

Paint stripper, some bristled brushes (soft and hard) and steel wool. I had a few cup brushes for the drill which seemed like a good idea in theory but it did not translate.
  3. tobbogonist

The QUICK question thread.....

Yeah top tube tube, I'm more worried about it ruining my polished aluminium finish. It's going to take some buffing.
  4. tobbogonist

The QUICK question thread.....

I found this dent. Quick question, should I worry about it? The size of a thumb and goes in about 4 mm. I would already be on a new bike if every bike shop on the world wasnt sold out right now.
  5. tobbogonist

Getting there. Did another 30 mins this morning. Keep getting called into work.
  6. tobbogonist

Greetings from Tasmania

Man I spent most of my youth riding round Oldina area, my first jump was the speedbump at the bottom of the road down into the park.
  7. tobbogonist

Confessions from the fuckwits

Right... Decided to strip frame and repaint whilst waiting on parts. Expecting at least 1 week wait as per tracking details. Frame half stripped, worked back a few days this week so I didnt get to finish it. Never mind I have the weekend, home alone all day Sat and Sun with nothing to do...
  8. tobbogonist

Im waiting on parts from CRC so bike is out of action for a while anyway. Began stripping the paint this afternoon. I kept away from here until I had started process, this way I cant change my mind. No fuck ups so far.
  9. tobbogonist

Going to strip the paint on my frame this week, pre-emptive fuckwit confession. Dont try talk me out of it.
  10. tobbogonist

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

This bloke has to be taking the piss
  11. tobbogonist

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

Wrote it off was maybe a little strong a term haha. I would usually be on board with spending money on shiny bike things but its the one and the same monies put aside for a fresh new shiny whole bike.
  12. tobbogonist

Nothing serious, snapped the chain and then on closer inspection I need to replace the rear cassette, new gear cables I guess too. I knew the proplem was there although was about to pull the trigger on a new bike so let it go. Corona haulted my purchase.
  13. tobbogonist

I have a mate who lives near, apparently there are a few trails in the north section still open. Wrote the bike off yesterday anyway, no ride until my online shopping arrives now.
  14. tobbogonist

Thanks everyone, looks like a scoot round Plenty Gorge then early drinkies :)
  15. tobbogonist

I've been trying to get up there since Christmas and keep getting thwarted. My wonderful partner has agreed to shuttle me Sat if i can then drive her home later after few wines with friend.
  16. tobbogonist

Hey anyone know if Lake Mountain rd is open now restrictions have eased?
  17. tobbogonist

I just fell over it in the nude whilst heading to bed after a a shower and 12 beers. Twas a long week.
  18. tobbogonist

Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

I am continuously coming across the 'old man with a gnarled stick' brigade. They stand in the middle of the trail and ask me questions about the erosion tyres cause and how many animals I have scared. I caught one eating a mars bar once, we had a rather enjoyable conversation about consumerism...
  19. tobbogonist

Try FilmoraGo I used to use it for putting together showreels and making the odd stupid video to annoy mates. The free copy allows you to use all the features but sticks a logo credit at the end, you can cut the credit off with your phones standard video editor once the video has been saved. I...