Search results

1. Milpool

Qld- Nerang trail status

I rode Never Ending Story for the first time last week, was impressed by the old relic structures out there. Some seriously cool tracks out the back. I'm only just to fit enough to not be too fucked from riding up elevator and actually explore a bit.
  2. Milpool

The QUICK question thread.....

Thanks for the input guys! I'm trying to make the bike pretty idiot proof and I'm a pretty big idiot so I think doing away with the Avids is definitely in my best interest it seems. I don't have Facebook to check the second hand market a whole lot and my wanted ad for M735s hasnt had any hits so...
  3. Milpool

Shimano M785 brakes

Item: After some Shimano brakes to replace my Avid's that have stopped working properly. Location: Gold Coast but will pay postage. Price range/Willing to Pay: Unsure what they're worth tbh, you tell me. Thanks
  4. Milpool

My budget is minimal. That Cannondale has m785's on it, not overly keen to cannibalize that and set it further back but I think I'd be happy just with a second hand set of them for the giant too. I only played $500 for the giant, not super keen to spend too much polishing the turd.
  5. Milpool

Thought as much. What model shimanos should I be looking at?
  6. Milpool

Avid Elixir 5's on a 2011 Giant, rear brake lever pulls to the grip without doing much braking. I've heard nothing but shit about Avids. What is the likelihood of booking it in for a bleed and it fixing it? Should I just start looking for some 2 pot shimanos?
  7. Milpool

Qld- Nerang trail status

I've only started riding this year and only ride at Nerang so far, even had my first bark off stacks there today. I love the place. There's an insane amount of routes to choose from, I couldn't believe that many existed when I first got out there. Big thank you to all who started it and all who...
  8. Milpool

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

We've got a Sunbeam Minibarista. Missus is happy with it and I can operate it so it's pretty idiot proof for the most part.
  9. Milpool

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

@safreek https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/geebung/men-s-bicycles/norco-downhill-mountain-bike/1248633570?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.messaging&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky
  10. Milpool

What's everyone doing with their wallet, phone and keys on a ride?

I bought a Fox saddle bag to carry my phone and keys but it already broke a strap and dunno how it will go if I get a dropper. CamelBak is handy but excessive most of the time.
  11. Milpool

Tallest MTB rider in the world

Not the tallest but former heavyweight UFC fighter turned comedian/podcaster Brendan Schaub is right into mtbing at the moment. Started his own thing called Thiccc boy bike club, some big lads on bikes around.
  12. Milpool

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Inbred's seem much too cool to sell. Good utility bike.
  13. Milpool

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

OR was it a chance to let us know you're a far superior craftsman, buy parts in Germany and got to say Alfa again?
  14. Milpool

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Pushys has 15% off hitch mount racks at the moment. My Saris superclamp is and awesome bit of gear, they do a 4 bike version too I believe.
  15. Milpool

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

I've had the aeropress back out prepping for when we can go camping again. I like a big ol' cup so trying to get good at bigger batches. Pretty much just try to a two cup brew. Anyone got any tricks? Prefer standard or inverted?
  16. Milpool

The gaming thread

I still just put hours into Skate 3 for my fix. Skater XL coming out around the same time as THPS looks veeeeeery competitive to the Skate market. I just want to skate the school with No Cigar playing.
  17. Milpool

Little Things You Love

That "girl needs to eat" stuff is the sort of shit my missus finds offensive. She's naturally very skinny, eats a lot (both good and bad foods) but can't put on weight. She works reception so gets comments like that often, usually from fat people. If you said something like "guy needs to eat...
  18. Milpool

Have Mountain Bikers become the new Motards?

Moto on a moto track, makes sense. I'm only just starting to hit the tamer obstacles so I appreciate a B-line but agree it should be slower and not impact the A-line at all. Wouldn't dare fuck with the trail.
  19. Milpool

The gaming thread

Tony Hawk 1 and 2 have been remastered. So keen.
  20. Milpool

What do your kids ride?

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'll be looking at something like a 16" Giant when it comes time to buy. He's getting better on his balance bike, I'm slowly sneaking the seat height up on him so he has to balance instead of walking it. Fun to watch.