Search results

1. slider_phil

Zelvy Relaunched (ZLV)

Had two sets, one with nipple issues until I got rebuilt and the other set got some weird delamination in the rear carbon. Kept using the second set until I plowed the front rim into a square edged rock at 40kmh and really wrecked it, but that was definitely my fault so I'll give that set a...
  2. slider_phil

VIC 27.2mm zero offset seatpost/90mm stem

Managed to find a stem, just chasing a post now. Cheers Scotty[emoji106]
  3. slider_phil

QLD Turner Czar XL SOLD

Miss my Czar. Been wondering if the DW Link on the new Pivot Mach 4 SL it's similar in feel. Would love the more progressive geometry with the same ride. Good luck with the sale, if it was a large I'd almost buy it just to have another one[emoji28]
  4. slider_phil

Sorry for the late reply, current post is 200mm from the clamp to the bottom of the saddle mount Yes please! Length would be great[emoji106]
  5. slider_phil

Let me do some measuring on the post, but the stem I like at 0 to sightly negative in degrees
  6. slider_phil

Item: 27.2mm zero offset seatpost and a 90mm stem Location: Horsham Vic Price range/Willing to Pay: whatever's reasonable Extra Info: As above. Postage preferred due to living in country Vic/Covid.
  7. slider_phil

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Shook down the new build. Thinking I need to move everything forward. So going a zero offset post and longer with the stem. Otherwise, feels pretty damn smooth for a full rigid bike. But my comparison is a fairly stiff 100/100mm xc bike so take that as you will. Found a friend hanging out at a...
  8. slider_phil

More painful when I decide to spend some money on it and go singlespeed[emoji1]
  9. slider_phil

Finally put together this little spare parts project.
  10. slider_phil

Yeah this things a 2013 vintage, however you can source different dropouts easily enough from either Vassago or Paragon themselves
  11. slider_phil

I've got the flat bit down pat, kinda why I think geared works better here as it's either a ripping tailwind or a brutal headwind And I mean it, I've got a regular 50km MTB loop that has abour 50m of elevation total lol
  12. slider_phil

Already have that going on with this whole "trying out running" thing. Good to know singlespeeding will only add to that issue[emoji23]
  13. slider_phil

New toy has shown up. Mocked up to see if a Niner rigid fork I bought a few years ago will work (short steerer) and all looks good. Going to run geared for now but I'll look into taking advantage of the siding dropouts and see if trying singlespeed will turn me into a craft beer sipping...
  14. slider_phil

What does your day look like?

Hard to tell from picture I guess Rowtrac Magnum Rowtrac Steiger Price difference of a couple of hundred grand. So if you don't need the capabilities of the Steiger, you can save some coin. Plus the tractor is more versatile for things like spreading or spraying
  15. slider_phil

Correct! Most mid range stuff will be like that if it's got a steering axle. Once you go articulated then tracks front and rear is no problems. But the idea is obviously less compaction with more surface area. Fairly popular around here with the 3m control traffic guys
  16. slider_phil

That time of year
  17. slider_phil

Just me or is that di2 cable to the rear derailleur awfully taught?
  18. slider_phil

MTB Apparel - What's most important?

An example would be Kitsbow Clothing. I'm not a fan of everything they do and I don't own any of their gear, but I've heard good things.
  19. slider_phil

MTB Apparel - What's most important?

Plain design, subdued colours, nice fit. Cost matters but I'll pay more if it looks good, fits well and it doesn't look like I'm a walking advertisement.
  20. slider_phil

Single chainset obsession?

I thought the same re dinner plate cassettes. But every time I've got up I've found myself using it every now and again to keep the watts from going too high on bigger days. Going up in chainring size increases drivetrain efficiency too so as you go up in the rear, you can go a bigger chainring...