Search results

1. M

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

the original reason was that Zoom isn't secure. There's now a bunch of different programs being used across Govt departments to discuss things at various classification levels so my assumption is the new reason is 'can't be arsed'.
  2. M

My experience with Canyon

I found the main Canyon guys were very hit and miss with regards to answering questions but the Australian based team where awesome. I needed a fair bit of help getting the shapeshifter on a Strive sorted back in 2017 and they walked me through a bunch of different potential issues until it was...
  3. M

Newly Released Bikes General

Flow has an initial review up https://flowmountainbike.com/tests/first-ride-review-2021-giant-trance-x-29-2/ I do agree with them that it might be a very good bike for a lot of Australian conditions. It's always interesting to try and work out how a bike review done in BC actually translates to...
  4. M

sickening crash tour of poland

Normally I'd agree but at some stage they are going to have to increase safety/consequence and this seems like it is serious to use as the justification to do it
  5. M

sickening crash tour of poland

Absolutely messed up (not something I should have watched over breakfast). Hopefully Fabio can pull through. You have to assume the UCI is going to start really cracking down on this
  6. M

Congrats. Very weird time indeed. My brother is having is first in the next week and god only knows when we'll actually get to meet her. The further business lockdowns came into effect as of last night and it was very eerie on my walk this morning. Other than a few joggers there was basically...
  7. M

Newly Released Bikes General

New Trance X is out https://www.pinkbike.com/news/giant-announces-an-updated-trance-x-29-with-more-travel.html Nothig special to look at but seems like it could be a very good all rounder at a pretty decent price ($4499 for the Trance 2). Nice to see something coming specced with Shimano as well
  8. M

Glasses

Mtb direct do some jet-black ones for around $25-30. Come with clear lenses as well Had mine for around 12 months now with no issues
  9. M

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Yeah it looks cool, but you can still only store two bikes on it....
  10. M

Semi interesting read on where decision-making and oversight should lie during a crisis https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20508840.2020.1796047 (there's also an abstract if you don't want the whole thing...
  11. M

Trump.....

Had to watch that a few times before realizing it wasn't a parody... Don't know what's sadder; his ineptitude or the simplicity of the graphs they have to give him in the hope he might be able to understand them
  12. M

I get the delay. It just seems that everyday it's almost like one person is passing it on to one other person, and then it's getting passed on to one more person the next day. To me it looks weird because in my mind it should either ramp up quickly, or drop down once your immediate household is...
  13. M

For those much smarter than me (not hard); why are we not seeing a reduction, or a real growth, in numbers within Vic? Shouldn't it either be climbing (restrictions not working), or disappearing (distancing stops anyone new being infected)?
  14. M

She goes well with a nice chianti...
  15. M

That's the one. EDIT - to add, the construction restrictions he mentioned is just different enough to make me think this was an initial draft and they've backed off slightly in some areas
  16. M

An allegedly 'official' list of what is to closed that was sent to me actually leaves quite a few businesses open to trade, but no idea how legit it is. You would not want to be a small business owner though. It would be nice if we get the official word, it seems all work has stopped until...
  17. M

In typical Melbourne hipster style we got there first... :( https://fk-it.com.au/
  18. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

One for yesterday - but I'd just got around to putting the lights and some better tires on the mtb so that I could do some night riding around the streets as there's nothing else going right now. 30 minutes after I'd finished they announced the curfew from 8pm... Fate is a cruel bitch
  19. M

Yeah but now it's a 'collectors item'....
  20. M

Exactly on the military stuff. Their job isn't policing and they aren't set up for it. Both the PSOs and wider VicPol are always keen to get their hands on the training that goes in to manufacturing soldiers so the lines between soldier and constable continue to blur To a large extent the...