Search results

1. placebo

Fox Suspension sues Slik Graphics

Definitely going back to Marzocchi now!
  2. placebo

Fox Suspension sues Slik Graphics

Fuck Fox. Slick provide a service to Fox customers that Fox aren't willing to provide themselves. I've bought Slik kits for almost every Fox fork I've had in the last ten years. It's a little thing that provides that last little bit of OCD satisfaction, and in no way damages Fox commercially...
  3. placebo

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

JobKeeper isn't means tested. JobSeeker is and the tests have been relaxed/extended AFAIK. JobKeeper is also taxed, but isn't included in super calculations.
  4. placebo

Employers don't qualify to recieve JobKeeper until they've proved to the ATO a greater than 30% revenue loss for the month of April. They have to pay the JobKeeper allowance to staff of at least $1500 per fornight, $3000 total per stood down staff member through April to qualify to be...
  5. placebo

Problem gamblers aren't social, and the reward schemes/psychology used in pokies are now implemented in most popular pay to play mobile games not just those that replicate pokies.
  6. placebo

People are still gambling a lot. The highest grossing apps on apple app store are poky apps. You can play the same games as the real machines on your ipad. You can put money in, but it's not classed as gambling because you can't get winnings out lol. Also the TAB has been primarily focused on...
  7. placebo

I'd never planned for the option, so I don't have growlers to sell for people to fill. Staff and people I know that have growlers I'm just filling without charging, because the beer won't last too long anyway. Anything untapped I'll get credited for, but there's a few limited run beers I'll hang...
  8. placebo

Doomsday alright. Having a hospitality business and heading into the fourth week of shutdown with no end in sight is unsettling. On the bright side I've been riding more and doing my best to drink my way through already tapped kegs.
  9. placebo

Narrow wide chainrings - the best of them....

It's been a couple of years since I've bought one, might give an elliptical one a try next.
  10. placebo

Narrow wide chainrings - the best of them....

Wolftooth stainless chain rings were developed because of this, and I've used them in both 30 and 32 tooth versions and rate them highly. More expensive, about 35g heavier, not available in oval, but longer wearing. The sides of the chainring teeth also don't wear visibly like aluminium rings...
  11. placebo

Latest eMTB tech

A few thoughts: The newer yamaha motor is a step forward from the one in the 2019 trance E. Doesn't flatten off as much at higher cadence but stlll has a definite sweet spot, and doesn't pulse jerkily if the pedal with your weight on it isn't bottom dead centre like the older one. A T25 torx to...
  12. placebo

Latest eMTB tech

Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight. I just wanted to post my new DH bike:
  13. placebo

Latest eMTB tech

Sounds like some sort of downhill mountain bike.
  14. placebo

When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

The atx 990 has varied quite a bit over the years. Pity none of the other examples were included, seems like the article was a little rushed.
  15. placebo

What you're experiencing is just a function of money, suspension and modern technology diluting the riding experience. Before I got back into riding I did the whole single speed rigid jones spaceframe h-bar thing. Natural long lasting metal. I only wore natural fibers, merino, cotton, or silk...
  16. placebo

No way. When first got it there was a heavy old Marzocchi Monster-T on it. I ebayed that thing and the $280 I got almost paid for the whole bike. If you look closely the stem wasn't even direct mount, and direct mounts been around since '03 or '04 on boxxers and stuff.
  17. placebo

Yeah, if you want the latest carbon stuff it's going to sting financially. Like others have said there's always used bargains. I got this old ATX 990 from a guy at the pub near me. He wanted a jet ski so I got him down to 350 bucks. The stickers are gone and it the finish looks like it's just...
  18. placebo

Kenevo kompetitors

Really looking seriously at one of these. I had a Giant Trance E SX, and ended up wanting an ebike with more travel. They're better than shuttling. You don't need to organise anything or anyone. Just pick a heart rate and power setting that gets you to the top without being buggered, but warm...
  19. placebo

Evil Wreckoning Review

Whoa! I haven't posted here since before the forum software transition and it feels real weird now. Anyway I've had my Wreckoning since August 2016 and loved them since I first rode a friend's. I've been running a 36 talas most of the time, a pike for a bit while the fork was having the float...
  20. placebo

NSW Bulli Builders - let's work together!

Got sent this earlier today. No comment needed I think.