Search results

1. Stredda

SRAM 11 speed upgrade options

My 2015 Norco Sight came out with SRAM 11 speed running gear. It had a 10/42 cassette and a 32 tooth chain ring and XD driver. A while back I wanted a better climbing gear, when the first cassette was toast, I redid the drive train and used a E-thirteen cassette to give me a 46 tooth climbing...
  2. Stredda

More trails in Tassie!! West Coast's first purpose built MTB trail, Oonah Hill, Zeehan

The latest Tassie mountain bike offering has just opened! The Oonah Hill Trail is a purpose-built trail that carves through open button grass hills, down into tea tree forest and past old mining structures on the outskirts of Zeehan. I'm heading down on Sunday to check it out :D Next Level...
  3. Stredda

Pinkbike Return to Earth challenge

Anyone doing the challenge? I crossed off day one with a 5:30am ride in the pissing rain :D https://www.trailforks.com/contests/view/5/ Ridelog from Jul 2, 2019 https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6978190/
  4. Stredda

Roland Anti-Gravity Park

A big Easter announcement! On the back of the success of the Maydena Gravity Park, the Kentish MTB Collective would like to announce the plans for the next big cycling project for Tasmania, the Roland Anti-Gravity Park! With backing from a $26 billion federal grant construction will begin...
  5. Stredda

Another Tassie trail kick off.... Dial Range!

Wow it's been a big month for mountain biking in Tassie! It has just been announced that the Cradle Coast Mountain Bike Club have been successful with a Cycle Tourism Strategy grant application for Stage 1 of the Dial Range Master plan. The grant from the state government adds to the $58,000...
  6. Stredda

Wild Mersey, Tassie's next big MTB project

I've been involved with this project the last 4 years and great to see it finally kick off. 100km of trails once completed 10min from the Spirit of Tasmania ferry. http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/5162408/funding-for-bike-trail/?cs=87 Anyone interested in more details can join the group...
  7. Stredda

Race Plates/bibs?

G'day all, I'm looking for a good reliable place to get some race plates printed. Our club is hosting the Australian Masters Games soon so need some custom plates. Cheers!
  8. Stredda

150mm dropper post in a Norco Sight Carbon?

Does anyone have experience with fitting an 150mm dropper post into a Norco Sight Carbon? Mine is a 2015 model and I want to upgrade for longer travel and also really don't like the Reverb it came with.
  9. Stredda

Bike hire in Townsville?

I'm holidaying in Townsville from the 12th of July for a few days and want to know if there is some where I could hire a mountain bike to check out the local trails? Cheers, Chris
  10. Stredda

Giant P TRX1 rims cracking and tubeless conversion

My brother has not long bought himself a new Trance 1 and we found the rear Giant P TRX1 carbon rim had cracked near the valve. Anyone else had this issue? Is covered under warranty and a mate of mine with a new Trance advanced had his crack in the same place. Also has anyone done a tubeless...
  11. Stredda

Bronson owners only selling the frame??

What's the go with Santa Cruz Bronson owner only selling the frames?? I've seen so many ads and 90% of the time they only sell the frame. I know you can buy it as frame only but a lot have the photo of a full bike. Doesn't happen much with other brands.
  12. Stredda

Good multi tool with 11 speed chain breaker?

G'day guys. I'm looking to buy a new multi tool as I lost my old Topeak one and now with my Sight being 1 x 11 it needs a 11 speed chain breaker. Anyone with any options?
  13. Stredda

Which bottle and cage for 2015 Norco Sight?

G'day all, I'm just about to lash out on a 2015 Norco Sight C 7.1 and would like some advice on a bottle and cage that fits in the frame. The frame is a large btw. Cheers! Chris
  14. Stredda

Taswegian in Victoria. What are the must ride trails?

G'day guys and girls. I'm heading over with the family on the Spirit of Tasmania ferry for a weeks holiday in Victoria on the 25th of September (in two weeks!) an we don't have any real set plans as yet. I am taking my Anthem and looking to get some riding in and would like to know what are the...
  15. Stredda

Gravity Enduro timing questions

G'day all. Our local club down here in Northwest Tassie is looking into running some gravity enduros soon. We have just purchased a Jaguar timing system which is easy to time laps type race but we are not sure how to handle a multi stage gravity enduro. How are some of the mainland enduros...
  16. Stredda

Cranky Penguin MTB Marathon. Penguin, Tasmania. Entries close soon.

Entries close on the 31st of December for the Cranky Penguin Mountain Bike marathon. http://www.thecrankypenguin.com.au/ The Cranky Penguin is one of Tasmania's toughest one day mountain bike races held in the Dial Range, Penguin, Tasmania. Either 70km or the "not so Cranky" 40km...
  17. Stredda

MTB shoes advice

I'm looking at a new pair of MTB shoes to replace my old North Waves. I do like the ratchet style fastening but I would like less venting which is a bit cool in the winter in Tassie and lets the water too easily and rubber type sole as the plastic sole on the NW is bloody slippery on rocks. What...
  18. Stredda

Tasmanian Trail

Thought I would post up the link to my blog on the ride I just completed (well nearly completed) riding the Tasmanian Trail from Devonport to Dover, North to South http://stredda.blogspot.in/ Great ride 430+ km, 9000 meters of elevation over 6 days
  19. Stredda

G'day from Tassie!

My name is Chris and I have a MTB addiction. It started many years ago with just and innocent purchase of an Apollo Altitude for what I thought was expensive at $400. I rode with the wife and kids along local cycle paths and parks, things were grand. Then about 12 months ago I was...