Search results

1. M

Cheap Droppers

Giant posts are probably the absolute last option I'd go with. Total garbage, not worth the money. Surprised to hear the OPs issues with the BrandX. I dont exactly look after mine and it's still going pretty good. It's definitely improved with a premium lever like the Wolftooth.
  2. M

Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO)

Will you guys be bringing in their helmets at all?
  3. M

Newly Released Bikes General

Hope they didn't get Samsung to make the batteries, they'll be double bang for your buck then!
  4. M

Oi! Nah you're probably right. Don't forget the major dent in the rear triangle thanks to Lake Mac council...still, Mila rides strong!
  5. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Well there's Reggie B's next upgrade!
  6. M

Recommend me some cranks

Wouldn't that technically make them a no-go-zone?
  7. M

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

@blacksp20 this guy is called Dave, is Italian, does slo-mo parts in his video, and has big PP. OMG approved!
  8. M

I doubt many people looking at that sort of bike would know or care who Tony Ellsworth is, but at least Cameron Diaz is a fan.
  9. M

Well, there's another major brand that can go fuck themselves. I hated their products anyway, so now I get to double down and hate the company too! Between this and SRAM/Rockshox patenting laser etching, I'm so glad to be running DVO front and rear.
  10. M

Best sub $200 dropper post

Regardless of your choice, get the ZTTO (or splash out and get the real deal Wolftooth ;)) The BrandX lever is garbage. I run the BrandX external and a mate was running a BrandX internal with the supplied lever, and the difference was night and day.
  11. M

Bargain buys thread

Fixed it for you :p Don't get me wrong, I also found it amazing they built in a float number so big clipping out was knee destroying, not to mention the eject button that could only be operated by fate :rolleyes:
  12. M

Reggie B (RGB)

Damn straight Reggie deserves his own PYR. When are you going to do one for Kimmy :p
  13. M

Shimano Gearbox (I'm excited)

Nice find @beeb. Be interesting to see if the internals get an upgrade along with the redesign. Would like to see it at least go to 10 speed to narrow the ratios but at least it would likely still have trigger shift :p Will say I'm surprised they went this way, looked like they'd finally nailed...
  14. M

That's a pretty intriguing takeaway from the article, almost sounds like they got sick of waiting for the other players to make something that can compete with modern drivetrains. Can't wait to see what they come up with. Better have a trigger shifter!
  15. M

Motion E18+ Linkage Fork

Sad news if that's the case. They were doing some cool stuff, was looking forward to their rear shock.
  16. M

Did they make the sound as well? I'll never forget the sound mine made, honestly thought I was getting new cranks!
  17. M

When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

I think we first need to decide what brand will represent the Vicky Mendoza diagonal :D For no reason in particular, I vote Yeti.
  18. M

Gotta admit @Zaf, you made it a nightmare to Google by typing Crosswork. And even after correcting to Crossworx, Google still thought I was some sort of Crossword fiend. Also surprised at your level of froth given there's no way you could get a gearbox to work with that linkage :p I also...
  19. M

wheelset me

You talking about hubs, rims or both? OP, I was running a Light Bicycle wheelset with higher end Novatec (D881/882SB) hubs. Wheelset as a whole was great until I failed to clear the same root twice about a year apart. Rear rim made the same sound both times, held the first time, not the second...
  20. M

Took advantage of NSDs recent sale to refresh the old beast with some DVO goodness. Got it all bolted up today with the maiden voyage tomorrow, can't wait!