Search results

1. G

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Didn’t realise there were two cars, obviously missed that bit, however something needs to burn Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. G

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

FFS just burn it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. G

Some useful 3D printed parts, tools and accessories

I can print them and put them in the post, but as above not sure how you will go finding the drain tube Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. G

Tyre inserts - Tried them yet?

Bit of a follow up from some of my earlier comments. Went to Thredbo on my 160f/140r 27.5 bike with a cushcore in the back. Usually ride 22psi front and 27psi in the rear. About 3 runs and and the bike just wasn’t feeling right in the back, really squirmy, plenty of traction but I was nervous...
  5. G

Sold Cane Creek DB Coil IL CS, 200x57

Not to derail but I have a 500-610lb Valt progressive spring for this length/stroke shock that I no longer need Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. G

I’m one to print anything but I’m not convinced this will last the test of time Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. G

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

My brake levers are in a similar position and everyone always comments on them when they go for a spin or even see a photo. When I’m on other peoples bikes it feels like my wrists are bending backwards to reach the levers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. G

Pointless new standards - name and shame the "innovators".

Mums Specialized Creo has silly front road boost. First notice when all three (15x110, 15x100 and QR) of the fork mount bike carrier adapters didn’t fit. I wonder how long it will take for road boost wheel sets to start coming out with less spokes like 28h MTB boost wheels and still try to claim...
  9. G

Little Things You Hate

Currently using a 10 year old iMac that started life as the base spec, then got a SSD and more ram added aftermarket. Looking to replace it this year as some of the software I use will no longer work on High Sierra Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. G

First trail wheelset advice

I pushed my budget back in the day, got carbon rims and recently smashed one at a time where the bike budget wasn’t so high and finding an identical replacement from China in a reasonable timeframe is almost impossible. The wheel has been rebuilt with new spokes as the spoke length changed and...
  11. G

13 speeds

I can see a derailleur hanger Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. G

What Garmin watch features do I really need for fitness?

ANT+ compatible is a big requirement, but most Garmin watches have it. So you can connect external sensors to the watch. GPS is horrible for distance without a wheel sensor and the HR on a watch is also terrible when riding. I have a 645 and a mate has a 735(?) and we both struggle with wrist...
  13. G

What does your day look like?

XP? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. G

Fork or shock? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. G

K-edge Garmin mount insert. Had a stack on Christmas Eve and didn’t have a spare. Garmin fit is tight, not sure how strong it will be being PETG but should at least snap before the Garmin does https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2664759 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. G

Marino Bike Co rigs.

That looks average. Mine has started on one chain stay but it’s on the tyre side so it is not visible. When the time comes, it will probably get a cheap re-paint and a shiny Ti Walty frame will be ordered Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. G

Marino Bike Co rigs.

Form > function Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. G

I don’t ride my hardtail for comfort and don’t ride it gently either. If I’m busting a rim at 27psi with 140mm travel then I’m sure as shit going to blow it to pieces with zero travel. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. G

I’ll eat my words if this statement is proved false but no way I would run another 5psi less. It would be less than my front tyre then. After spanking a decent amount on new rim, spokes, wheel build and cushcore after smashing a carbon rim at 27psi I’m definitely hesitant. Used to run 25psi in...
  20. G

First ride on rear cushcore today. Didn’t notice any difference. Rode with 26psi rather than 27psi in the back. Didn’t notice extra support or any extra damping that others claim. Will see if I notice anything on further rides. Not unhappy with it though Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk