Search results

1. Nambra

Shimano geoblock for USA and Canada

Totally agree - if local price is within 10% of the O/S price, that's the GST difference. Local prices have got better due to the competition so I share your cynicism that this restriction is all about capturing our market and forcing increased wholesale prices on to our local stores and online...
  2. Nambra

5010 V2

I got a RockShox DU bushing tool from Germany before geo-blocking - it was cheap to tack on to a larger order. @Scotty T and I shared the cost of the RWC tool for the roller bearings, with a view to loaning it out to others who go down the same path and want to save some bucks. No doubt there...
  3. Nambra

Brakes always seem a much better deal don’t they. Might have to snaffle up a set before we’re blocked, throw in the parts bin.
  4. Nambra

Ok, so I've just done a price comparison between bike-components.de and Pushy's for an XT groupset: 11-42 cassette, chain, long cage derailleur, I-Spec II shifter, boost cranks with a 32T ring and a BB. With bike-components the cheapest way to get this is to go for the upgrade kit (cassette...
  5. Nambra

Electronics Gurus - Stages Power Crank

I might have added a set of extractors and a double barrel Weber while I had it in the shop... :D
  6. Nambra

Santa Cruz Vs Nukeproof

Are they new bikes? Santa Cruz has a killer lifetime frame warranty if so.
  7. Nambra

Now that I’ve basically reverse engineered the device, I’d offer that calibration is probably not necessary. It does work on a full bridge strain gauge with temperature compensation. Each of the 4 resistance elements on the strain gauge are 1000 Ohms, a much higher resistance than the wires...
  8. Nambra

Bent derailleur help

Cages can be straightened if you’re persistent, but if the parallelogram linkage that does the indexing up and down the cassette is twisted, you're pretty much screwed. As soon as it isn’t moving across the cassette the same distance with each shift, you can never get the shifting smooth across...
  9. Nambra

The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-22/adani-approvals-removal-environment-department/11138140 So you can see why Labor hasn’t been too popular in Qld of late. The state govt. says “the DES won’t be rushed” and now it’s “bzzzt took too long, someone else will decide now” with token outrage from...
  10. Nambra

The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

@Halo1, this is sarcasm again mate.
  11. Nambra

I'm still laughing at the response I got from Stages, after telling them how much I hate throwing stuff out when it can easily be fixed... basically they said something to the effect "oh don't worry, all damaged power meters get sent back to us for refurbishment, so it won't get junked..." ie...
  12. Nambra

So a quick update on this. @Ackland and I took this offline a couple of weeks back and he sent the Stages SPM1 crank to me as I offered to take a look at it for him. Long story short, it's working again now although I took a bit of a roundabout way getting there. @Ackland was given the correct...
  13. Nambra

Just checked previous election results. 5.05% informal in 2016, 5.91% in 2013, 5.55% in 2010, so on trend it seems. And of course they’re still counting this year’s votes, hence the 77.5% “turnout”.
  14. Nambra

Holy shit @Scotty T, 16.4m voters registered, only 12m (77.5%) voted, and 700k (5.5%) invalid. That's a lot of dicks and balls - possibly where the predicted swing to Labor disappeared to?!
  15. Nambra

I have a mate who lives in Dickson and said there were people dressed in 'AEC purple' at his local polling place handing out 'how to vote independent' cards with Dutton as the #2 choice... they appeared pretty chummy with the LNP volunteers apparently.
  16. Nambra

Just briefly flicked through that link hifi, it actually looks fairly interesting. Couple of questions though (hoping you might save me some effort): How does the plan incentivise individuals to reduce household emissions? I'm guessing that fossil fuel producers will have to put prices up to...
  17. Nambra

If he shat his dacks in maccas 20 years ago, I say he's ok - it makes him a relatable character. Seriously though, it's a good question OJ, and as much as people might think that we should vote for policy and not the person (and arguably we did if you read the postmortems), a leader needs to be...
  18. Nambra

Doubtful, her hand is nowhere near his forehead. I think she’s trying to steal his wallet because she’s a dotty old retiree with a NG property and share portfolio and thinks Labor won.