Search results

1. F

Feedback/suggestions on drivetrain upgrade plans…

It's a learning process - I am certainly learning a lot doing this.
  2. F

Update: Shimano SLX 11 11-46T RC, RD, Shifter, CNC derailleur dropper and KCM X11 chain installed. New 32T narrow-wide chainring on soon - waiting on the mounting bolts coz I thought the ring would be threaded.
  3. F

NSW 29" Air Fork, 1-1/8" Straight Steerer, 100-120mm travel, non-boost, QR axle

Yeh, I’m aware they’re rare. They seem to exist for around $550 new - but that’s a bit steep.
  4. F

NSW 175mm crankarms so suit square taper BB and 104BCD chainring

Vintage worn. Some guitarists I know would pay extra for that - works for me. Could you do the pedals too for a tenner? Is the thread on the BB mount in good nick?
  5. F

NSW 175mm crankarms so suit square taper BB and 104BCD chainring

Item: 175mm crankarms so suit square taper BB and 104BCD chainring Location: Sydney, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: as little as possible Extra Info: they just need to work - this build is for my dad to use to keep up with the grandkids
  6. F

NSW 29" Air Fork, 1-1/8" Straight Steerer, 100-120mm travel, non-boost, QR axle

Item: 29" Air Fork, 1-1/8" Straight Steerer, 100-120mm travel, non-boost, QR axle Location: Sydney NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on age and wear $200-$300? Extra Info: Rockshox Judy Gold, Fox Float 32 in above specs would be ideal
  7. F

Update - parts arrived this week. Installed this evening but apparently the hanger is bent. Time for a new one - ordered tyres and sealant to go tubeless too and get rid of the dying stockies. This games certainly isn’t for those with empty pockets. Yikes!
  8. F

After looking around, I don't think I'll be able to spend too much in the fork department as I need a non-tapered steerer. Might need to reach out to see if anyone is selling an old one.
  9. F

It's a 29er. We'll see how the 32T goes - seems to be the standard.
  10. F

thanks for your help everyone. I got trigger happy and ordered the parts tonight - including a $20 narrow-wide 32T chainring off Amazon.
  11. F

Good suggestions. Thanks - I looked at the norco and it would leave me with crappy brakes which is one thing I have fixed on my current bike and a coil sprung fork - but I would like to move towards air if I can.
  12. F

Loud and clear. What’s an 11-12speed hardtail with a semi-reasonable fork gonna set me back. Everything I see is either entry level or $3k. Not much in between.
  13. F

absolute n00b locked down in SYD

Hope so. I’m gonna check it out myself first… then drag her along one day and then see if she can resist jumping on her bike. ah 10yr old… hope not!
  14. F

Hi all, I have an entry level specialized hard tail that’s about 7 years old with a 3x8 drivetrain made up with sunrace 11-34 and Acera derailleur. I’m looking to move to a 1x11 with a shimano SLX M7000 cassette (11-46) and derailleur and shifter. Will also get a new 11 speed chain. My...
  15. F

absolute n00b locked down in SYD

Hi all, I’m in North-West Sydney and been riding recreationally since I could walk but, like most people, never raced or joined a club or done much maintenance myself and i’m looking to get into trail/xc riding at my local club when all this COVID lockdown gear is over and potentially getting...