Search results

1. T-Rex

Calling all Meta AM29 and TR29 owners and other bike owners!

Junior ran a One Up on his 21 frame, Ride Alpha on his 22 frame, no issues with either.
  2. T-Rex

Live feed for EWS?

Thanks Bear, looked at that one last night, not consistent with what Junior told me, but he’s somewhat prone to exaggerating (trait inherited from his mother) so maybe that’s all there is. maybe they have live timing I’ll go and have a look at that…
  3. T-Rex

Live feed for EWS?

Does anyone know if there’s a live feed of the EWS? Junior is having a run at Tweed Valley this weekend and he reckons GMBN is doing a live feed of the Saturday pro stage, but I can’t find anything about it. Apparently Discovery Channel purchased part of EWS and was planning on doing a live...
  4. T-Rex

Spring help

Compressing it will preload it and make it stiffer. Also you need to make sure it doesn’t coil bind at full compression this could result in something breaking. Eg frame, rider, your love life.
  5. T-Rex

Wheel Build Advice Thread

If you can get it cheap I reckon it would be a really handy addition to the tool box for emergency repairs. Not sure I would build a whole wheel out of spokes threaded with it though
  6. T-Rex

Thredbo in the wet

It dries out really quickly, one day with no rain and it will be dusty in places. I was up there for opening weekend, it was wet Saturday but all the tracks were running well, Sunday with no rain was hero dirt.
  7. T-Rex

NSW Yakima Hangover 4 bike shuttle rack

Sold
  8. T-Rex

NSW 2020 Commencal Meta AM 29 Team size Medium

Item: 2020 Commencal Meta AM 29 Team (Medium) Location: Sydney North side Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: T-Rex needs the space Price and price conditions: $5,700 Extra Info: More of Junior's gear cluttering up my house. This is his last season's bike, been here since February when...
  9. T-Rex

Wheelbuilding Spoke Length Advice

DO NOT rely on the manufacturer provided ERD, measure it yourself. Getting the ERD wrong is the one thing that will ensure you will end up placing a second order for spokes. ie what @ozzybmx said.
  10. T-Rex

Change of plan....

Mine is a Signature. If you haven’t made a decision in the next few weeks you can take it for a run when I am next in CBR. don’t get too excited about the weight, the Scott Genius that I replaced was 1kg lighter than the TR, but the TR climbs better, especially on technical climbs. And it’s...
  11. T-Rex

Change of plan....

Commencal Meta TR, size L. Pretty much indestructible and as an added bonus this year they have bulletproof rims to match the frame.
  12. T-Rex

Shorts - The struggle is real

Yeah.... nah. They fit me just fine. Not too many ppl would describe ok’ T-Rex as Instagram material .... maybe Ray Charles.
  13. T-Rex

NSW [SOLD] Santa Cruz Bronson C - Large

I'll just put in a plug for this bike.. well it was @Scotty T 's, but same bike. I rode it once at Stromlo about a and set a new PR down Skyline. Very quick bike, tracks great in high speed turns. Good luck with the sale.
  14. T-Rex

NSW Yakima Hangover 4 bike shuttle rack

Item: Junior's near new 4 bike shuttle rack, 3 months old, used maybe 5-6 times Location: Sydney, north side Item Condition: Used, but good as new Reason for selling: Junior got a company car and they won't let him fit a towbar to it. So he dumped this rack at my house. Price and price...
  15. T-Rex

Wheel Build Advice Thread

I don’t think you will end up in hospital ..... I “Re-rimmed” a guy’s wheel at a DH race in half an hour using the method you described. It got him to his race run just in time and it did one run down the hill, both he and the wheel survived. Mind you, it wasn’t the straightest wheel of all...
  16. T-Rex

Thredbo - all you need to know

I was up at Thredbo all last week “working remotely”. Thank you COVID! They were running the Gunbarrel chair all during the week in spite of very few riders, although Saturday and Sunday were pretty busy. Heaps of snakes out and about late afternoon on the TVT, copperheads and yellow bellies...
  17. T-Rex

After a new bike

For riding Northern Beaches and Thredbo a hard tail is not going to be pleasant. Get a duallie. And forget about “deals” if you want a bike now due to the supply situation they are selling at full price, it’s pretty much take what you can get your hands on.
  18. T-Rex

mid travel 29er suggestions

I have a '20 Meta TR Signature, absolutely stoked with it. I did get some work done on the shock, but apart from that it's original spec. For me going from 27.5 to 29 was a massive improvement, eg 15 seconds faster down the Flow trail at Thredbo. And getting Shimano stuff does seem to be a...