Search results

1. bikesarefun

Oxy gets destroyed (again) - updated with more bad news

Update further below... excavators and lies Well, it had to happen one day. The Aboriginals have finally gotten around to systematically removing trail features at Oxy (e.g. jumps and berms), with a crew of workers moving through with shovels and mattocks. There's been a lot of hard...
  2. bikesarefun

Official Closure of Warrimoo (and what you can do to help)

Provided below is is the official letter received from Ku-ring-gai Council regarding Warrimoo, and TrailCare's official response. TrailCare encourages everyone to contact the elected representatives of Ku-ring-gai Council to express dissatisfaction in the decision, via the email addresses...
  3. bikesarefun

Assistance Needed re Northern Beaches Riding

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/mountain-bikers-damage-aboriginal-carvings-and-bushland-at-oxford-falls/story-fngr8hax-1227350579129 This article is bullshit. Plain and simple. Any riders who would like to contact the Manly Daily to comment can do so via...
  4. bikesarefun

Draft dirt jump design/construction guidelines; feedback sought

So.... a little side project on which I've been working.... This is a guideline document that explains some of the basic principles of dirt jump design. Having spoken with major insurers in NSW, a document like this (once suitably approved) will make it much easier to get approval for...
  5. bikesarefun

STOLEN: NS Majesty. Blue frame, purple parts

Stolen from Manly last Friday. NS Majesty, blue frame with matching forks. Purple 24 inch NS wheelset.
  6. bikesarefun

Crankworx Slopestyle screening in Manly this Sunday

The Crankworx Slopestyle screening in Manly this Sunday - 9:45/10 at the New Brighton Hotel (slight delay on the webcast). https://www.facebook.com/events/633582310071262/?ref=48
  7. bikesarefun

Red Hill Dirt jump Shenanigans

Too injured for riding, so took out the camera to create some pretty pictures. Great to see this iconic spot back to its best.
  8. bikesarefun

Council Meeting Outcomes: Bare Creek Bike Park (Northern Beaches)

Firstly, a huge thank you to everyone who showed their support for last night's meeting. There was hardly a spare seat in the Council Chambers, and over 400 emails were received. Council seemed entirely convinced of just how serious and committed we are as a user group. The outcomes were...
  9. bikesarefun

LAST CHANCE: WE NEED EMAILS SENT (to make a whistler-inspired park in NSW happen)

I know there's already a thread on this.... but it's important so whatever. Looks like council wants to block the proposed bike park... so: Step 1: Email Council to show support ASAP. Email the councilors and show your support for a bike park. Their email addresses are...
  10. bikesarefun

Oxy GoPro

It's been a while since I've posted one of these; lots of new/upgraded features since last time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAsmsrE5z4s Next major project will be to add some b-lines alongside larger features.
  11. bikesarefun

P.Slope Bearclaw Special Edition. Boom.

Immensely stoked with how this came together. Huge thanks to Manly Cycles for sourcing the frame and forks, and Rhythm Imports for bringing in bling components. Dreamy to ride; the new 34mm 831s are beyond amazing. Frame - 2014 Specialized P.Slope Bearclaw Limited Edition. #008/100...
  12. bikesarefun

Detailed Plan for MTB Park on Northern Beaches

Another step closer to this becoming reality... http://www.friendsofoxy.com/#!barecreek/c1a67 A big thanks to everyone who has been putting in time and effort to get this to where it is today.
  13. bikesarefun

Who to speak with about trail advocacy around Wollongong?

Trail Care the process of putting together submissions for NSW government, we'd like to chat with someone involved with trail advocacy around Wollongong. Any suggestions?
  14. bikesarefun

P-sloping at Oxy

Just a quick GoPro run at oxy on the P-slope.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ0CVzAipDc
  15. bikesarefun

---- p.slope ----

This thing is freaking hot. Stock other than the brakes, and there's not much I'd want to change. Rides like a dream. Frame: Specialized p.slope 2013 Fork: Rock Shox Argyle Wheels, bars, grips, pedals, saddle: Specialized p.series Brakes: Saint m820 Cranks: Descendant Gears...
  16. bikesarefun

This will not end well.

I think it should remain brakeless. Probably better that way.
  17. bikesarefun

blkmrkt ROAM.

This is what happens when a company with roots in dirt jumps and slopestyle build a 6 inch bike. Short top tube and chainstays, low standover, a retardedly playful suspension feel. It's basically an upsized version of the killswitch (I'm amazed by how similar they feel through lips and...
  18. bikesarefun

A few shots from the North Island

Spent a bit of time at Rotorua after chrissie, got to check out Woodhill also. Plenty of fun trails to ride!
  19. bikesarefun

Selling a Demo to buy a Nukeproof.

By the way, anyone interested in my old Ironhorse? I've been trying to sell that for a few years also...
  20. bikesarefun

National Park Usage Survey for Sydney Riders

NPWS are running a survey on MTB usage in national parks (and giving away prizes). It includes a map of trails around Sydney (they seem to know a whole lot), and lets you place markers to comment on the trails. Kinda fancy. I know a lot of you are going to be skeptical about this...