Search results

1. T

29er or 26 inch

Some frames and forks have clearance for 650b wheels though... so as suggested, what frame and forks are you talking about?
  2. T

Rockshox Reverb problems

Thanks for the advice peeps, I'll review the symptons and might try the bleed first off as well as contacting the original bike owner who said he'd send me the purchase documents once he can get to them...
  3. T

Rockshox Reverb problems

Hi all, I just bought a secondhand bike and the Reverb seat post is in a funk, warranty isn't an option so I'm hoping someone might know what's going on. The post sags a lot once weighted and sags further when riding. Air pressure was 250psi when I checked. The seat can also be lifted...
  4. T

To 650B or not?

My bikes are all still 26" and although I've yet to change to bigger hoops, all the evidence, anecdotal personal experience and the theory, points towards bigger wheels giving better rolling speeds on roads. 650b will be a little faster.
  5. T

mad chromoly frame reccomendations

On-One 456 On-One's are a great price for great geometry, I dig them. I second the 456 Evo recommendation.
  6. T

VIC SOLD Brand new Hope Pro 2 & Stans Crest tubeless wheelset QR

Hi, interested in the wheels, do you know there weight? Cheers
  7. T

Sold

Forks are sold. Thanks
  8. T

Sold

Bump Are 26ers dead? The fork market is so fragmented these days!
  9. T

Good Quality, Cheap clipless pedals!!

No one else has mentioned them, so I will, Shimano maybe be better than Eggbeater but Time pedals trump both, sturdy, good mechanism, good in the mud, cheap enough and nice float/movement whilst still 100% clipped in. No one of that half clipped in feel that Shimano's have when cornering etc...
  10. T

Sold

BUMP Price dropped $50 Only $260 Someone must want ok forks at a great price
  11. T

Sold

Item: UNUSED RockShox Reba RL Dual Air 100mm Tapered Black QR Price conditions: $260 Location: Hobart (Postage +$40 or so) Item Condition: Brand New, never mounted (see below) full lenght steerer Reason for selling: Accidentally bought tapered (not standard) steerer... accidental internet...
  12. T

Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

Lower Blue Mountains Hi guys, I just moved to Emu Height from Hobart (TAS) and I'm after some riding buddies, I'm into riding up and down mountains and have been enjoying the DH tracks off Old Bathurst Rd and the single track in Knapsack reserve at Glenbrooke and I'm hungry for more trails. I...
  13. T

sold please delete

Hi, is this bike still up for grabs? Looks like a size 16" or size M frame, is that the size? Cheers Tim
  14. T

QLD sold

Item sold .
  15. T

QLD sold

Hi, can you change a spring or remove a spacer to make these 140mm travel? PM me if these are still up for grabs the price is looking good. Thanks
  16. T

Sold

XT cranks This post is a few months old and I'm thinking that the cranks would surely have sold, PM me if they haven't.
  17. T

Commencal Supreme miniDH 6.1 or Meta 5.5.2

Cheers Jim, thats just the info I needed. Guess I don't really go big on jumps and this is where the two bikes differ on their DH capability according to my friend here in Nepal, so the Meta 5.5.2 2008 seems the go apart from the shit Shimano rear hub that put on the bikes (M475 hubs.. grrrr)...
  18. T

Thanks for your words of wisdom. The Commencal dude here originally suggested a 2005 model MiniDH 6.1 as very well specced and super light but the parts are older and the bike seems supersceded. So the MEta 5.5 is getting the thumbs up right now. Cheerio Tim
  19. T

Hiya dudes, I have been given an offer too good to refuse on 2007 Commencal bikes by a guy here in Nepal (I'm on holiday) who runs a Commencal sponsored mtb school and I'm trying to decide on whether to get a MiniDH 6.1 or Meta 5.5 to replace my Craftworks FRM125. I like to ride up and...
  20. T

Truvativ Shiftguide Opinions

Truvativ Shift guide Hiya, I've been running a shiftguide for a year now and I've had no problems with the shiftguide even with the mungrel setup I'm running :confused: .. a Craftworks FRM125 with the Shiftguide, an extra wide BB, 22 & 34 chainrings and an E13 bashy. Shiftguide specs are for...